Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-24-2017, 03:57 PM   #16
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
Amazing!

I bought the premium version to support him a few months ago.
I have to find out if we can donate.

So do you have to change the app orientation or is it horizontal by default?
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:32 PM   #17
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKeeper View Post
So do you have to change the app orientation or is it horizontal by default?
You can choose portrait, landscape or auto,
and you can choose half page (single column of academic article for small screen - it was already there), single page, or two pages per screen (new).

Orientation and pages per screen are independent
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 02:02 AM   #18
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The "double page mode" of the new, forthcoming Librera also works on E-Pub, not only on PDF. Nice...
Old 08-26-2017, 04:36 AM   #19
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Please find some examples here. You can see that the toolbar now contains a "double page" icon.
Well the toolbar I posted is now modified - it is now a menu containing
half page | one page | two pages | crop white border
... Fluid moment, I guess the stable will be posted in a while.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:40 PM   #20
linshi
Enthusiast
linshi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Well the toolbar I posted is now modified - it is now a menu containing
half page | one page | two pages | crop white border
... Fluid moment, I guess the stable will be posted in a while.
I noticed that Librera making errors on calculating page numbers under "two page" mode. It would jump to page 2*x if you were jumping to page x.
Also, it is much slower than ezpdf.
But it is a good app. Hope it will have implements soon.
linshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:45 AM   #21
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by linshi View Post
I noticed that Librera making errors on calculating page numbers under "two page" mode. It would jump to page 2*x if you were jumping to page x.
Yes, noticed that too and raised it - but he already knew, the state of implementation is "unfinished", the beta is there for use to enjoy while he finalizes the implementation...
If you note it, you can see that from my feature suggestion to its satisfaction he took LESS THAN SIX HOURS, and done together with other improvements: give him the time.
(And then he was saluted by a . who disliked having ads. A moment of silence.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linshi View Post
Also, it is much slower than ezpdf.
I am not sure, I noticed that they manage buffering differently - ezPDF does some things under the hood.
I was also impressed by ezPDF, which as I wrote does a few miracles, but I also see it fails in some basic features (e.g. the zoom), and I prefer open products for many reasons.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:46 PM   #22
mdp
Wizard

"Double Page" mode in the current beta version Librera (com.foobnix.pdf.reader) is practically finished.
The version in Google Play is still the one of 20 Aug, presumably the new one will be published soon.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:39 AM   #23
foobnix
Connoisseur
foobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it is

Device: Librera PRO - 50% OFF - Black Friday
Librera was released with a double page view officially.
It's also possible to choose mode:
1) Two pages (1-2, 3-4, 5-6 order)
2) Cover + two pages (1, 2-3, 4-5 order)

Some books are better to read with "cover + two pages" to have the same formatting as in real book.
foobnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:09 AM   #24
mdp
Wizard

Nice to have you here!

For those who do not know, dudes, Foobnix is the author of Librera.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:38 AM   #25
mdp
Wizard

I am testing the new version of Librera (which should be that of the Android Market, which was published on 13 Sep), 7.1.30, on the MaxCarta, and it is fantastic.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:57 AM   #26
desk7
Groupie
desk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by foobnix View Post
Librera was released with a double page view officially.
It's also possible to choose mode:
1) Two pages (1-2, 3-4, 5-6 order)
2) Cover + two pages (1, 2-3, 4-5 order)

Some books are better to read with "cover + two pages" to have the same formatting as in real book.
I'm thinking about buying your app Librera pro but I have a question: if there aren't ads, why does it require internet connection?
desk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:10 AM   #27
foobnix
Connoisseur
foobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by desk7 View Post
I'm thinking about buying your app Librera pro but I have a question: if there aren't ads, why does it require internet connection?
Pro version doesn't have ads module.
Internet needs for OPDS(Calibre) online catalogs for browse and download books.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:05 PM   #28
desk7
Groupie
desk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by foobnix View Post
Pro version doesn't have ads module.
Internet needs for OPDS(Calibre) online catalogs for browse and download books.
Thanks!
desk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:48 PM   #29
foobnix
Connoisseur

Double pages view was updated in latest beta, it's possible to configure custom crop margin.
Screenshots in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=404