Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-21-2006, 03:22 PM   #1
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Official Meditation Thread (only for Sony Reader Enthusiasts)

So the release of the Sony Reader that will be in October... is getting us more and more nervous.

So here it is, our very own meditation thread. You feel you have a weak moment? Than this is the place to talk to your friends and let them help you to be strong again. Have faith in Sony....blah blah blah..

So I will start: "Hello my name is diabloNL and I'm nervous"

Last edited by diabloNL; 09-21-2006 at 03:34 PM.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:29 PM   #2
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Hi! I'm yvanleterrible and my life sucks right now. When I get my Sony I shall be reborn...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2006, 03:36 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Yeesssssss! I feel a profound sense of peace descending upon me in zen-Like beauty!

Wait ... no ... not really.

This waiting is making me nuts. Okay, more nuts.

Thanks, DiabloNL.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:49 PM   #4
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Your welcome friend! :P
Old 09-21-2006, 03:58 PM   #5
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
I don't know if anyone else has this problem.

I've got a whole ton of ebooks I've been saving up. Whenever I think about re-reading an old favorite, or something similar, I think "Well, it's so much trouble to check it out from the library when I've got the ebook, and it's such a pain to read on the screen... I'll just read it when I get my reader."

Of course, I started this whole thing about a year ago, when I was starting to get excited about the Hanlin offerings. So I've got quite a backlog now. In fact, I think my overall reading has gone *down* :-(

And then when I do read, I feel guilty. I saw "Someone Comes to Town, Someone Leaves Town" on the library shelf the other day, and I grabbed it and read it. Then I thought to myself, "Wait! This is a freely-available ebook! I should have read something I can't get in ebook format!"

... At least now I have a place to confess these things, and be at peace. Ommmmm. ;-)
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2006, 04:01 PM   #6
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Let it all out bingle! We understand.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:11 PM   #7
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingle
I don't know if anyone else has this problem.
I've got a whole ton of ebooks I've been saving up. Whenever I think about re-reading an old favorite, or something similar, I think "Well, it's so much trouble to check it out from the library when I've got the ebook, and it's such a pain to read on the screen... I'll just read it when I get my reader."
Worse than that! I PRINTED 6!
The D...D 6 buck books cost me 10 in ink!
Aooooooooooooooooooommmm!!!!
Old 09-21-2006, 04:23 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Public service announcement: be sure to say it the right way round -- it's "om" -- you don't want to say it backwards.

That would be awfull! (but still stress relieving, somehow)
Old 09-21-2006, 08:28 PM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
*Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom *
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:01 PM   #10
Leanna99
Leanna99 began at the beginning.

Ok, so I finally decide on a device after A LOT of research, and I decide on the Sony. Then I get antsy about when it will be released. I keep getting excited about the dates they tell us, just to have them yank it away. I will not believe it until I get one in my hand, then I will rejoice.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
Leanna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:56 AM   #11
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
[iLiad Enthusiast]
Every new working e-reader, which is buyable for real (not just a prototype) is a good news. So I say: oooooohhhhhhmmm, too.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:35 AM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos
[iLiad Enthusiast]Every new working e-reader, which is buyable for real (not just a prototype) is a good news.
I could not agree more, yokos. Thanks for supporting us in our time of trial.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:56 AM   #13
Frogsmasha
Connoisseur
Frogsmasha began at the beginning.

I bet this reader will be announced in October, and it'll be coming to stores in the middle of November. If we haven't heard about it now, than it's likely to be so.
This is what I think anyways.
Frogsmasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:09 AM   #14
NatCh
Gizmologist

At this point, I think we'll just have to see what we see.

(but the wait is making me nuts)

Last edited by NatCh; 09-22-2006 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Oh, yeah, oooooommmmmmm
Old 09-22-2006, 11:12 AM   #15
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsmasha
I bet this reader will be announced in October, and it'll be coming to stores in the middle of November. If we haven't heard about it now, than it's likely to be so.
This is what I think anyways.
What's with you? You just broke my mantra!
Sik him!