Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-24-2020, 02:58 PM   #1
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Amazon US spend $XX get $YY credit - October 10 to October 16

And apparently Amazon US didn't want to be left out of the "Spend $XX Get $YY Credit" fun either. As with the Amazon UK offer from a couple of days ago, this one showed up for me as a banner ad, but these offers have appeared before via email as well, so if you're interested, keep an eye out either for an ad, or for email. This one has the same nice feature that previous offers had of being retroactive to Nov 23, even if you activate later in the active period.

Here are the details, from the click-though page:

Quote:
Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get my eBook credit?
Customers receive their eBook credit after spending the specified amount on any Kindle eBooks between Nov 23 and Nov 30 (in one or multiple transactions). You must activate your offer by clicking Activate any time during the offer period in order for your purchases to count.

Which Kindle eBooks count towards the offer?
Any Kindle eBook that you purchase on Amazon.com during the offer period will count, including eBook gift orders, bulk eBook orders, and pre-orders that are fulfilled during the offer period. Activation can occur at any time during the offer period. Pre-orders that are fulfilled outside of the offer period are excluded from this offer.

When is the offer period?
The offer period is between Nov 23 and Nov 30.

When do I get my credit?
Your credit will be automatically applied to your account within 2 days after spending the specified amount on any Kindle eBooks. We will notify you via email once your credit has been applied to your account.

How do I use my eBook credit?
Your $6 eBook credit is automatically redeemed on your next Kindle eBook purchase. Any Kindle eBook sold on Amazon.com is eligible for this credit.

When does my eBook credit expire?
Your eBook credit expires 21 days after it is applied to your account.
Quote:
Terms & Conditions
  • This offer is by invitation only.
  • This is a limited time offer.
  • Offer applies to all Kindle eBooks made available through Amazon.com and smile.amazon.com, including pre-orders that are fulfilled within the offer period.
  • Offer does not apply to eBook pre-orders that are fulfilled outside the offer period, physical goods, digital magazines, audiobooks (including Audible companions for your Kindle eBook purchase), print books, or digital subscriptions such as Kindle Unlimited.
  • To receive a promotional credit, you must (1) activate the offer any time during the offer period and (2) purchase the specified amount on any Kindle eBooks by 11:59 PM PST on Nov 30. You will then receive a promotional credit, and this credit will be automatically applied to your next Kindle eBook purchase. Any Kindle eBook sold on Amazon.com is eligible for this credit.
  • Offer limited to one per customer and account.
  • Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
  • Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in the U.S. and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon Digital Services LLC.
  • Within 4 days of activating the offer and spending the specified amount on Kindle eBooks, you will receive an e-mail from Amazon that indicates that the promotional credit has been applied to your customer account. The e-mail will also provide instructions on how to redeem the promotional credit. You can view your available eBook credit balance on any Kindle eBook detail page.
  • Your eBook credit expires 21 days after it is applied to your account.
  • Taxes and add-on purchases to the qualifying purchase (like an Audible companion) do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
  • Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
  • If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 02:47 AM   #2
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Got the banner on my Kindle eBooks page today - "Spend $25 get $6 credit". I've activated the offer but may not take it up as I rather overdid my pre-Thanksgiving splurge starting with the Amazon UK offer a few days ago. I got 17 (!!) titles, mostly Erle Stanley Gardner's "Cool & Lam" and "The D.A. ..." titles but also found 2 Alan Hunter gems that I hadn't noticed before and which are not on the US site "Gently to a Sleep" and "Gently Under Fire". Thanks to sufue as always for alerting us to these deals (my wallet does not thank you though).

I also did a "Top up 80 pounds and get 5 pounds credit" deal to replenish my Gift card balance in the UK account. Well, I think that's me for the year now... I was considering a new Bluetooth speaker or DSLR as my Christmas treat but for now I am one happy camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
And apparently Amazon US didn't want to be left out of the "Spend $XX Get $YY Credit" fun either. As with the Amazon UK offer from a couple of days ago, this one showed up for me as a banner ad, but these offers have appeared before via email as well, so if you're interested, keep an eye out either for an ad, or for email. This one has the same nice feature that previous offers had of being retroactive to Nov 23, even if you activate later in the active period.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2020, 03:27 PM   #3
luv2readnohio
luv2readnohio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luv2readnohio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luv2readnohio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luv2readnohio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luv2readnohio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luv2readnohio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luv2readnohio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luv2readnohio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luv2readnohio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luv2readnohio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luv2readnohio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle fire
Help in regards to the promotion

I keep getting conflicting reports when I talk to Amazon Customer Service regarding the promotion. In looking at the FAQ on the promotion page, it states that purchases that count towards the $25 include pre-orders that are fulfilled during the offer period. I am reading that as a title pre-ordered in March but delivered on November 23 would count towards my $25 -- one person I talked to at Amazon says yes it would, another says no it would not -- Anyone have any clue as to which one is correct?

Also getting conflicting information about another question I had -- if I purchase an e-book for $2.99 and the total cost is $3.20 with tax, which amount goes towards the $25 -- $2.99 or $3.20 -- again I have had an Amazon associate say just the cost of the book and another say cost of book plus tax -- anyone know which one it is?

I know it might be nitpicky, but I have had my eye on an e-book that is somewhat expensive and I would like to put as much of the $6 towards it as I can. I usually end up purchasing at least some e-books every day and I know it usually takes a couple of days before Amazon notifies you that you have received a credit to use -- I don't want to find out that my credit was used on a $2.99 or $3.99 title just because I could not figure out what counts towards the $25.

Thanks for any and all help
luv2readnohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 03:48 PM   #4
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2readnohio View Post
I don't want to find out that my credit was used on a $2.99 or $3.99 title just because I could not figure out what counts towards the $25.

Thanks for any and all help
For me, it counted books I'd already ordered, so once I clicked on the offer it only took about an hour or so to show the $6.

But it only showed it on the ebooks I was looking at purchasing. On the upper right, they did the math showing the cost of the ebook, minus what I had on credit, then the final 1-click price.

Once you get the credit, just keep an eye on the price of the ebooks as you buy them, so you'll see when they start applying the $6 to the ebook prices.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 09:38 AM   #5
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In the past, on similar offers:

Even though they say that the credit may take a while to arrive, it has arrived (for me, at least) almost instantly, so that I've been surprised when all of the sudden it is being used to discount whatever book I'm looking at at the moment. Also, I've gotten an email confirming the credit pretty quickly as well.

As for the pre-orders - the T&Cs (see the OP) say:
  • Offer applies to all Kindle eBooks made available through Amazon.com and smile.amazon.com, including pre-orders that are fulfilled within the offer period.
Which seems pretty clear, but you never know with Amazon...

I have had uniformly good experience with them counting books purchased during the offer period, but before I activated, which is another provision I was doubtful of the first time this type of offer showed up. But I've never had a pre-order come "live" during a promotion period so can't speak to that one.
Advert
Old 11-27-2020, 09:40 AM   #6
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Oh, and on the tax, ebooks aren't taxed where I live, so I can't speak to that one either...
Old 12-23-2020, 01:43 PM   #7
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Another deal is up, spend $25 on ebooks get a $6 credit. Dec 23 - 30.

https://www.amazon.com/kr/d6e5aa28-f...d-bf49f2a9e6e6
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 04:06 PM   #8
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post

I probably won't benefit from this one unless publisher's put some of my series on special. I maxed out on the last one in November and bought an omnibus on a special deal only 2 days ago (can't return and rebuy or would lose the $5 discount). Even buying the rest of the Jecks series novels I need, that still only amounts to about $12. Hard to believe, but I'm running out of wish list books!
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 04:29 PM   #9
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
My offer is $10/3 until the 30th.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 07:27 PM   #10
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am not eligible for the Amazon US offer, but I am seeing a similar one for Amazon UK - Spend 10 pounds and get 3 pounds credit. Not sure if this link will work for others, it appears at the top of my Kindle Book Deals page
Link
Must complete purchases by 29 December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post

Old 12-25-2020, 12:43 PM   #11
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
And at least in the past, when I've had a credit, if it was, say, a $5 credit and I bought, say, a $0.99 book, it'd use $0.99 of the credit and leave me with $4.01.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 12:52 PM   #12
ngrant
Gadget Lover

Yes, that's how it works for me. The credits usually have fairly generous validity, this particular promotion for Kindle UK gave me until Feb 28 to use the credit. Needless to say, I spent it almost instantly... Once the credit has been applied, if I look at any Kindle book, it shows the price with the credit deducted. There is a "details" link next to the credit which will show the amount and expiry of the credit being applied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
And at least in the past, when I've had a credit, if it was, say, a $5 credit and I bought, say, a $0.99 book, it'd use $0.99 of the credit and leave me with $4.01.
Old 01-01-2021, 11:38 AM   #13
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
I've had to scramble for an additional cheap title to make up the penny or two lacking for the threshold more than once.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 07:21 AM   #14
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I've had to scramble for an additional cheap title to make up the penny or two lacking for the threshold more than once.
The need to go over and two benchmarks make these deals much less valuable than they seem at first. Amazon no longer markets it as a percentage, so I suspect they were called on false advertising.

It’s still well worth it for agency that never gets reduced or books you were going to buy in the near future anyway, but more and more I’ve been able to resist. Most recently I got the spend $10/get $3 variant, but when I looked at the $9.99 books I’d have liked and realized in addition I had nothing priced at $3 I wanted, I moved on.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 07:48 AM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I think these are great bargains.

I always end up saving something and use that money for more purchases - that's what they want and that's what I want!*

* = Time for one of those 'muhs', meaning mileage varies depending upon usage.**

** = That is, assuming one intends to use it.***

*** = My drill sergeant warned me about people who assume things.****

**** = Who came up with 'muh', anyway?

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote