Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-05-2020, 06:05 AM   #1
mikkelnl
mikkelnl began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Possible to show bookcover during power-off state on Pocketbook Touch HD 3?

Hi all,

Been using my HD 3 for some weeks now, and KOReader is my favorite reader app.

Only thing that I would like - purely for fun - is to show the book cover for the last opened book when the device is powered off. There is an option in the KOReader settings, but this doesn't seem to work.

I found this issue, which seems to sum up the situation:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/2095

Guess no fix for this, right? Or does anyone know a workaround?
mikkelnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:57 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Judging by https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-371789880 it should work if you disable the PocketBook's native cover showing.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:08 AM   #3
mikkelnl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Judging by https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-371789880 it should work if you disable the PocketBook's native cover showing.
Yep, but I have no idea to do this: "...one can disable showing a book-cover on powerdown altogether in the PB-preferences."

In the settings I can't "disable" it; it needs an option selected (I believe they are COVER / POCKETBOOK (spec info shown) / LOGO).
Old 01-11-2020, 10:57 AM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
The best way to "fix" this is to make koreader save the cover itself to the correct file location. Then the device will display it when it powers down. If you want to pass the information on to the koreader developers, you can tell them to draw the cover image to the screen buffer (without updating the screen if it isn't desired), and then call:

#define DEFCOVERSAVEPATH USERLOGOPATH "/bookcover"
SaveBitmap(DEFCOVERSAVEPATH, BitmapFromScreen(0,0, ScreenWidth(), ScreenHeight()));

Edit: Okay, I see from the linked thread that the real problem is that none of the koreader developers have PocketBook devices, so they aren't interested in making the changes. They have all of the information they need already, so my advice above is useless.

Last edited by rkomar; 01-11-2020 at 11:24 AM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 11:52 AM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It's not really a question of interest, it's a question of being able to test said changes to make sure nothing (else) horribly implodes (and, as a bonus, that the changes work ;p).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 01:36 PM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
^ what he said.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:25 AM   #7
mikkelnl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
It's not really a question of interest, it's a question of being able to test said changes to make sure nothing (else) horribly implodes (and, as a bonus, that the changes work ;p).
If there's any way I could help testing stuff: no problem for me. Maybe some others can also test stuff...
Old 01-12-2020, 11:55 AM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Well, the other obvious issue with no-one ever even having *held* a PB device is that we're entirely unfamiliar with the platform's quirks (which are many, on PB), so it's kind of hard to blindly write stuff if we have no idea how the whole thing is even held together .

(That was a long winded way of saying: PRs welcome ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote