Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-25-2003, 01:38 PM   #1
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Handstory Right-Click Clipping

One of the niftier features in HandStory is the right-click save-to-palm or clip-to-palm...very nice for quickly grabbing images, pages, or text. I opened this thread to get started talking about how we use this feature, but for starters, a lot of Windows users ask about the Norton Virus alert that pops up when you try to right-click. Here's how HandStory explains the problem and solution (from their Web site):
  • Q: I receive a warning from Norton AntiVirus when I try to convert text or images from Internet Explorer to my Palm.

A: HandStory Converter uses Windows Script for integration into Internet Explorer. Norton AntiVirus (NAV) 2001 may give a warning about this, which is normal. To avoid the warning, turn off Script Blocking in the NAV options dialog. In NAV 2002, you will see a warning dialog box when you first execute Save To Palm in Internet Explorer. In the dialog box, choose to always authorize the script. Once Save To Palm Script is authorized to run always, it will run smoothly thereafter.
Comment: Not sure I want to turn off all script blocking, but you can turn off the occurence as it happens by choosing one of the options in the NAV drop down box on the alert.
gvtexas is offline   Reply With Quote