Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-22-2020, 01:18 PM   #1
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Rating problem

I have a virtual library for books with rating > 0, and another for books with rating > 3. I just added a book with no rating, and it shows up in both VLs.

Sorting by rating shows that it has a lower rating than the other books in the VLs, There is no <meta> tag with name="calibre:rating" in the book's OPF file. Setting the rating to 5 and then resetting it to "no rating" has no effect.

I've seen this happen before, and saving the file, deleting it and then re-importing it seems to fix the problem. Nevertheless, I'd like to understand what is happening here.

Can anyone tell me what could be causing the book to appear in these VLs?
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 03:40 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
First: >3.5 Includes >0 , so those are in both VL.

Try
rating: true (a rating has been set) instead of >0
rating: true and <3.5
raring: >=3.5 for the other
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2020, 04:27 AM   #3
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
First: >3.5 Includes >0 , so those are in both VL.
Yes, I know. And that's the way I want it to be. I want one VL to be a subset of the other.

The first VL has "rating:>=1" as the filter. Including "rating:true" makes no difference.
The second VL has "rating:>3".

So, any ideas what could be causing a book with no rating (i.e. rating:false) to show up in these?

Last edited by Phssthpok; 02-23-2020 at 04:37 AM.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:44 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It works for me.

Here are screenshots of the three cases:

Click image for larger version

Name:	No VL.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	177323 Click image for larger version

Name:	rating_gt_0.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	177324 Click image for larger version

Name:	rating_gt_3.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	177325

Here is a screenshot of the >0 vl definition:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard05.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	177326

Questions:
  • What happens if you copy the search expression from the vl and paste it into the search box (with no vl chosen)?
  • What happens if you set the rating of a book showing no rating to 1, then to undefined? (Ooops -- you answered this one.)
  • What version of calibre are you running?
  • Does running Check Library make any difference?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:38 AM   #5
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
It works for me.
It works for me too, in 99.99% of cases! This one book is the exception, and I've probably had it happen 3 or 4 times in as many years.

Quote:
Here is a screenshot of the >0 vl definition:
I'm using >=1 rather than >0, FWIW.

Quote:
Questions:
  • What happens if you copy the search expression from the vl and paste it into the search box (with no vl chosen)?
  • What happens if you set the rating of a book showing no rating to 1, then to undefined? (Ooops -- you answered this one.)
  • What version of calibre are you running?
  • Does running Check Library make any difference?
Q1 and 4: hmm, I've deleted and reloaded now so will have to find the original file that caused the problem... watch this space.
Q3: 4.9.1 (64-bit Windows). It has also happened occasionally in the past, with earlier versions.

Last edited by Phssthpok; 02-23-2020 at 08:12 AM.
Advert