Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 07-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
Quadzilla
Quadzilla began at the beginning.

Device: Barnes and Noble color nook
Will NC accept any mini USB (micro USB?) cable for Charging?

Will the nook color accept any mini USB (or is it micro USB?) cable to be used with it's AC power adapter or does one have to use the cable that's included with the charger sold through Barnes & Noble? I ask because I'm disabled with limited dexterity and have almost ruined one of these cords already when the small connector was badly bent. I'm actually considering selling the nook because of this. Thanks!

Dan
Quadzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadzilla View Post
Will the nook color accept any mini USB (or is it micro USB?) cable to be used with it's AC power adapter or does one have to use the cable that's included with the charger sold through Barnes & Noble? I ask because I'm disabled with limited dexterity and have almost ruined one of these cords already when the small connector was badly bent. I'm actually considering selling the nook because of this. Thanks!

Dan
For powercharging you need the special NC cable.
I do not know if you can use the NC charger with a regular micro-usb cable for regular usb-charging. Just try it.

You can use any micro-usb charger to usb-charge the NC. This will be slower (about 8 hours to fully charge) and you will not see a charging message on the screen.

One thing you should not do with the NC cable is using the NC while charging. That will cause the cable to fail.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert