Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-15-2019, 12:57 PM   #316
activedirectory
activedirectory began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I don't believe the libpng warnings are a problem. I see a lot more of them. But, an "out of memory" message is a lot more of a worry. Have you configured your own options? With an icon? Can you remove the configuration file and try again? This is "Search The Internet.json" in the Plugins directory with the calibre profile directory.

I haven't been able to configure anything because it crashes as soon as I try. Maybe this is related as I don't even have a search the internet.json - all my other plugins' jsons are there though.
activedirectory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:41 PM   #317
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by activedirectory View Post
I haven't been able to configure anything because it crashes as soon as I try. Maybe this is related as I don't even have a search the internet.json - all my other plugins' jsons are there though.
If it has ever been working then I bet you do have the file. To make sure you are looking in the correct folder, open calibre and go to Preferences - Advanced - Miscellaneous - click the Open calibre configuration directory button.

When file explorer opens click on the plugins directory. The file should be there. Close calibre then rename the file Search The Internet.json to Search The Internet.json.OLD then restart calibre and try customizing the plugin again.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-15-2019 at 10:48 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2019, 02:32 AM   #318
activedirectory
activedirectory began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am looking in that folder and the json for that plugin does not exist...
activedirectory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 03:50 AM   #319
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by activedirectory View Post
I am looking in that folder and the json for that plugin does not exist...
Assuming you actually went through calibre preferences to open the calibre configuration folder and it wasn't there you must be correct. In this case, close calibre, take the attached file and extract the Search The Internet.json file, place it in the plugins folder and see if it makes a difference.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Search The Internet.zip (3.2 KB, 27 views)
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 03:20 PM   #320
unabatedshagie
Enthusiast
unabatedshagie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
@activedirectory and @unabatedshagie What do you mean when you say it crashes?
Calibre stops responding and then closes.

https://i.imgur.com/UxFekRk.gif

https://i.imgur.com/nyMm0Xn.gif

Last edited by unabatedshagie; 12-18-2019 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Added gifs
unabatedshagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
book details, search the internet