Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-01-2007, 11:17 AM   #1
stubru
stubru began at the beginning.

Device: prs-500
Hi from scotland

Hi everyone am currently looking to buy the sony reader. It's not availiable in the UK, am thinking about buying one from the states. Can anyone give me advice on this, where I can download books etc as I believe you cannot buy them from the connect store if you reside in UK.
stubru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:45 AM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hi Stubru,
If you browse around, especially in the Sony Reader forums, you should find a thread or two dedicated to Sony Readers outside the US. If you decide to get one, let us know how you went about it and how it worked out!
And welcome to MR!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2007, 10:27 PM   #3
Gumbo
Gumbo began at the beginning.

Device: Still Looking
Sony PRS-500 Outside US

HarryT suggest here

http://www.bhphotovideo.com

Ive just put my order in.

Happy shopping.
Gumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:56 AM   #4
jamesdmanley
Groupie
jamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
HarryT suggest here

http://www.bhphotovideo.com

Ive just put my order in.

Happy shopping.
b&h is a great company. ive spent several thousand dollars there on camera equipment and have been pleased with every transaction.
jamesdmanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:32 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubru View Post
Hi everyone am currently looking to buy the sony reader. It's not availiable in the UK, am thinking about buying one from the states. Can anyone give me advice on this, where I can download books etc as I believe you cannot buy them from the connect store if you reside in UK.
I would suggest you wait until the new model Sony is out and get that instead.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2007, 01:02 PM   #6
stubru

Hi guys just received my prs-500 would like to talk to anyone in the uk with the same machine
Old 10-07-2007, 06:12 PM   #7
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I'm near Cardiff.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:32 AM   #8
stubru

Would really appreciate some help, Do you know a website where I can purchase books for my reader ???
Old 10-09-2007, 05:17 AM   #9
^_Pepe_^
Enthusiast
^_Pepe_^ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eBook reader PRS-505 / iLiad
Hi!

I'm from Spain, and I've just received my PRS-500 on Friday. I finally purchased in USA via eBay. 212€ including all (Spanish customs also).

9 days shipping to Spain, including USPS tracking number to increase the emotion!!

If you need more information about the seller, please let me know.

Regards, and no doubt: go for it!!!!!!!
^_Pepe_^
^_Pepe_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:03 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Fictionwise have a good selection of books for the Sony Reader in their "Multiformat" option. You can also buy any Microsoft Reader book and convert it to HTML using the "ConvertLIT" tool, from which you can easily convert to Sony format using one of the book creation tools such as BookDesigner or HTML2LRF. If you like SF/Fantasy, Baen offer a good selection free from DRM. Finally, of course, there are the free book sites such as PG, ManyBooks, Feedbooks, etc.

Lots of sources of books!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote