Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-08-2019, 12:48 AM   #16
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The only thing I've noticed so far on my Oasis 3 is that when I highlight text the initial underlining is thicker than previously.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:50 AM   #17
dex87
dex87 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I can't install this update on pw3
dex87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2019, 05:40 AM   #18
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dex87 View Post
I can't install this update on pw3
Here is the link
https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredow...ite_5.12.2.bin
Put it to the usb-root of your device and select Menu-Settings-Menu-Update Your Kindle.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:53 PM   #19
dex87
dex87 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you!
dex87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:53 PM   #20
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
Anybody know how to undo this?

The new Home page made the buttons smaller and ruined the ability of collections to sort "recently" while dumping everything that's not in a collection on the home page.
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2019, 02:10 PM   #21
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad Plante View Post
There is a new Kindle firmware version out there and a new download page to get updates.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...MQC26VQQMM8XSW
bricked my mom's paperwhite when it downloaded
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 05:21 PM   #22
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Which model of PW? I think there are four, the PW3 is possibly the 7th gen and PW4 is maybe 10th gen?
You sure you downloaded the correct one?
I've not had a problem with DXG, Kindle Keyboard B008 type or PW3 (most number of updates).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:42 AM   #23
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I still have the blocking directory on mine (I was the one who tested it before) so I'll see if I get updated or not. I'll also keep an eye on the battery life to see if the power use starts to go up again. If it does (or seems to), I'll take a look at the logs to see if the same thing is happening again.

Shari
I can confirm that the blocking directory no longer works for me at all. I've had the Wifi off for the past two weeks, and when I turned it back on this morning, my Oasis updated almost immediately.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:59 AM   #24
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I can confirm that the blocking directory no longer works for me at all. I've had the Wifi off for the past two weeks, and when I turned it back on this morning, my Oasis updated almost immediately.

Shari
Thanks for the report. Had you previously updated from the firmware that was on the Oasis new in box?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 04:48 PM   #25
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Thanks for the report. Had you previously updated from the firmware that was on the Oasis new in box?
I did--I kind of had to, because the battery drain was so bad. I was getting no more than 2 days before I updated.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote