Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-31-2019, 04:12 PM   #1
studynet
Enthusiast
studynet began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 10th
Doubt with Cable Transfer Rate

Recently, my book reader Kindle PaperWhite 10th has changed me, due to battery life problems.
According to them they could verify that I had a problem (I have no idea).
The question is that I have received the new one and I have copied the content of the old whole and I see a speed difference in data transmission.
The old one bought in January can copy the files at 4.5MB / S and the new one between 1.3X up to 3.15MB / S but generally on average it is at 2.30MB / S.
The old one copies me constantly at 4.5MB / S so I have doubts about this I have to worry and request a new replacement?
Because I am not convinced that this one that is new is slower in the transfer of files, I think it is not normal.
Let's see if someone can inform me a little.
studynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 06:50 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I’m unclear about what you are trying to measure.

The speed with which data can be copied FROM a Kindle is not going to be the same as copying TO a Kindle. I’d expect From to be much faster than To, because the computer is so much more endowed with system resources than a Kindle.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2019, 04:55 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Writing flash memory is very much slower than reading flash.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:34 PM   #4
studynet
Enthusiast
studynet began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 10th
It seems that google translates quite badly.
I want to say that my kindle who has replaced me has a lower speed.
I have called amazon and they say they can access and verify the kindle's performance and they have confirmed that the performance is not correct.
I also have less free memory available.
studynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 06:42 AM   #5
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Loading so much data on to your kindle at one time is going to create lots of problems. This is probably why you're having battery issues. (Mentioned in another thread.)

Don't do it. There's no need. Load a couple of books a day onto your kindle. This will give them time to index.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert