Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-15-2019, 03:43 PM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Forma cover recs

A search of "Forma, cover" is not fruitful in coming up with specific posts of recommendations.

Is the cover sold by Kobo the best one for the Forma?

Or otherwise what other cover is considered more practical?

Thanks.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:03 AM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I recently purchased a Forma and ordered this cover from Amazon. I've had it a little over a week now, and am happy with it so far. (Like the price much better than the official Kobo cover!)
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2019, 11:09 AM   #3
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. Looks like that cover gets generally good reviews like yours.

I'm wondering if I would prefer one that doesn't automatically turn the Forma off and on as it seems like it could be problematic.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:37 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
Thanks. Looks like that cover gets generally good reviews like yours.

I'm wondering if I would prefer one that doesn't automatically turn the Forma off and on as it seems like it could be problematic.
A sleep cover is not problematic. Don't not get one because of a misconception. I have a sleep cover and I would not want a cover that wasn't a sleep cover.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:40 AM   #5
petercreasey
Wizard

Okay, sounds like good advice.
Advert
Old 10-16-2019, 01:55 PM   #6
RichSz
RichSz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Forma
What they said. I've been using the one linked above for a few months and it's been great, no issues. I got used to the cover auto-sleeping with my old Kindle and I couldn't go back. It just works and you don't have to think about it.
RichSz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:22 AM   #7
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I agree...I've had sleep covers with several readers and tablets and none of them have caused me any problems. And personally, I think a sleep cover is almost needed with the Forma. I find the Forma's power button problematic--it's hard to press and hard for me to figure out if I've actually pressed it or not. (If I used the button instead of a sleep cover, I may get more of a feel for it.) Additionally, if you use the power button, the Forma has a "feature" that requires you to swipe up on the screen to wake the reader. Using the sleep cover just wakes the reader up with no need to swipe up.

And, if you find that you don't like the functionality of the sleep cover, there is an option on the Kobo to turn it off.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote