Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-27-2019, 06:58 PM   #1
wishingstar
Enthusiast
wishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2, Lenovo Android 10
Unhappy Row backgrounds with windows 10 dark theme

I just upgraded my system to windows 10 version 1903. I have third party themes enabled and I'm using a dark overall theme. The problem is that with this version of windows, calibre column view and calibre preference show a light background for every other row (see image). I looked through calibre's preferences and couldn't find a setting to control this. How do I make it so all row backgrounds are dark?

Note: I did not have this issue with windows 10 1709, which I was running before this upgrade.

Thanks,
-WS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre-dark.PNG
Views:	244
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	173760  
wishingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 07:54 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Preferences: Look and Feel:General (tab) There used to be a setting to alternate row colors. It is not there in the beta 3.99.8
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2019, 07:59 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@theducks - it's not there in 3.47.1 either, been gone for ages.

Try changing the Preferences->Look and Feel->User interface style (needs restart): setting.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-27-2019 at 08:02 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 08:10 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Or try the Job Spy plugin's GUI Tool: Change GUI Text and Alternating Row Colors ==>> Index of plugins

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 12:45 AM   #5
wishingstar
Enthusiast
wishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheese

Thumbs up

Thanks @BetterRed! I changed the user interface style to System default and that resolved the issue.

Maybe I had used the setting in the older version of calibre (I haven't formatted since calibre 3 came out) and the setting stuck even though the option was gone from preferences? I was definitely not using System default earlier.

Thanks though, this resolved my issue
Advert
Old 10-05-2019, 01:38 PM   #6
gootube2000
gootube2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Nova Pro
What third party theme do you have? That one looks quite nice
gootube2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 02:11 PM   #7
wishingstar
Enthusiast

I go back and forth between Back In Black (BIB) and Arc-Void, both from deviantart

Tags
dark, interface