Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #61
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
status bar shortcut
I like the shortcut but my problem is that when I use KOReader w/o framework and turn back to framework shortcut stops working. I wish it can continue to work after that
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #62
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Thomass: are you sure about it? Did you try to wait some seconds before sliding on the top bar? I've set some sleep time to be sure that the bar was visible when the shorcuts were set back
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #63
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thomass: are you sure about it? Did you try to wait some seconds before sliding on the top bar? I've set some sleep time to be sure that the bar was visible when the shortcuts were set back
there is two different modes of KOReder one which runs on the framework and the other starts after killing the framework. when I use the second one and turn back to framework shortcut doesn't work at all.

You can try this with the third or fourth options of KOReader on the KUAL.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #64
Aeris
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ahhh yes sure! I was thinking you did use the Kindle Menu embed shortcut only to launch it. Right, I knew that problem, but to fix it outside kindle menu you must edit the file koreader.sh in koreader folder, adding these lines at the end of it:

Code:
/mnt/us/extensions/kindlemenu/bin/shortcut.sh
/mnt/us/extensions/kindlemenu/bin/batterylevel.sh
Old 11-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #65
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
but to fix it outside kindle menu you must edit the file koreader.sh
thanks will try now.
Advert
Old 11-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #66
Aeris

Probably in the future I will edit the "Enable status bar shortcut" and "Disable" one, to make them doing this operation automatically

Last edited by Aeris; 11-03-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #67
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
I was thinking you did use the Kindle Menu embed shortcut only to launch it.
I edited the koredear_launcher.sh to make it stop the framework , then no need to edit other files.
just modified the related line into:
Code:
/mnt/us/koreader/koreader.sh --framework_stop /mnt/us/documents
Quote:
Probably in the future I will edit the "Enable status bar shortcut" and "Disable" one, to make them doing this operation automatically
With editing the launcher like above I think it is ok (for me) now.

Thanks for your fast response.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:13 AM   #68
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
I seem to have turned my paperwhite 1 into a calculator with this......
Short of a reboot, how do I exit the very nice calculator and get back to reading, please?
Ok, I have the method. Only problem is that File Exit is squinched right up to the bezel and very hard to touch.
Nice, though!

Last edited by piperclassique; 11-05-2013 at 05:15 AM. Reason: added my own answer
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #69
Aeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
Short of a reboot, how do I exit the very nice calculator and get back to reading, please?
Ok, I have the method. Only problem is that File Exit is squinched right up to the bezel and very hard to touch.
Nice, though!
If you have a bit of patience, I'm making a better-looking calculator app for Kindle Menu

Meanwhile, you may want to check the new Kindle Menu v. 0.6, that features a brand-new image gallery app!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #70
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
scurrilous insinuations that galculator isn't beautiful and practical!!!

Okay, point taken

Perhaps I will get back around to a re-release.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #71
Aeris

ahah Twobob!

I'd like instead to ask you (if possible) a re-release of the great rgbpaint, with these improvements:
- standard canvas dimension: 940 x 700 (to fill kindle PW screen; on Touch there would be scrollbars visible unless a different canvas size is set for this device)
- fix the bug of drawing when scrollbars are visible (do you remember? scrollbars moving instead of the pointer while begin to draw)
- bigger menubar, as you did for midori

only if you have time and wish to, eh!
Old 11-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #72
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

okay. I'll dig around at some point then and see if I didn't lose the sources for that...

The joy of dead drives

maybe I published a diff

Last edited by twobob; 11-05-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #73
Aeris

Okay... nothing so vital btw, if you lost sources don't struggle!
Old 11-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #74
twobob

diff + original sources = recovered. I'll look around. Right in middle of trying to build gtk 2.8.0 atm. :\ glerk. Low joy factor.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #75
Aeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
Nice, though!
I've found a binary from baf posts in the galculator thread... it should be good for you! I'll put it into the next release, 0.7
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_11_05T21_32_08+0100.png
Views:	346
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	114735  

Tags
launcher add-ons