Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-10-2019, 03:34 PM   #1
carmenchu
Zealot
carmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to all

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
Help, please: column type

Hello! I would be very grateful for some help in this:
  1. I have a custom colum in my database, of type TEXT, where I have been manually entering the 'year of creation' of each book.
  1. Now, I would like to create another custom colum, of tipe DATE, and fill it with values from the first colum, putting the day and month to 01/01, i.e.
    value -> 01/01/{imported value}
Is there some way (command line/plugin...) to do such a thing?
I suspect that the trouble is in the types of data. It easy to convert a DATA value to a text string. But, is it possible to 'make' a DATA value by concatening text strings and converting?
If the answer is 'no', I would appreciate it nonetheless...
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:47 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Have you tried (Bulk mode) Metadata edit: S&R (tab)?
NOT TESTED
search your txt column (\d+)
replace: your date column \1 (if that does not work try 01/01/\1 )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:22 PM   #3
carmenchu
Zealot
carmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to all

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
Thanks a lot! 01 Jan \1 works.
I had tried something like that some 9 years ago, and ... no soap--which froze my thinking. But Calibre has changed--and so our acquaintance with regexp.
Thanks again.

Last edited by carmenchu; 10-10-2019 at 04:39 PM. Reason: typo
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote