Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-23-2009, 08:27 AM   #1
orescb
orescb began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Windows computer, iphone
More Effective Communication

First I want to thank for the great tool Calibre is to all people engaged in its development.

Now to the point. Even when a forum is a very useful communication media, it lacks several features that preclude more effective collaboration. I would like to suggest the use of an internet poll service (e.g. at polldaddy.com) so that the users of calibre can transmit more easily features requests, bugs or other things to developers, and for the latter to see more easily what the user community is thinking.

I would also like to know a little bit more about what features are planned for the future. And though I tried to figure out through the forum, it was a bit costly. For this, I suggest the use of a sticky in this forum or in the calibre site.

I am not a software developer so I am illiterate on this but the use of sourceforge or trac could help for both my suggestions.

Merry Christmars or Vacations to everyone
orescb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:42 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, orescb.

Calibre was developed by one of our own members, Kovid Goyal, and any questions pertaining to it is normally answered directly when posted in a Calibre thread.

You could also pm him directly.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com

That's calibre's Trac instance.

I don't maintain a list of upcoming features as calibre development is not very structured. People (including me) work on whatever grabs their interest.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:00 AM   #4
orescb
orescb began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Windows computer, iphone
Thank you for your quick answer
orescb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
communication, suggestion