Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
The Beginning: When Harv Met Vera

VOICEOVER: In a Worlde Gonne Madde, two people yearn for that one spark of desire that will set their universe ablaze...

Cut shot to Goose, flying (or driving, depending on if it's the Ozzie version) past the camera, banking away stage right.

VOICEOVER: Intrigue!

Harv: So, Mr Hughes, just how fast does this sucker fly, given a full tank and a good head start? Just asking, you know...

HH: It can get about 200 knots with a good tailwind. Why do you ask?

Vivaldi: Just asking...

HH: Did that dog just talk?

Harv: He says he doesn't.

VOICEOVER: Mystery!

Vera: What the bleep am I doing in the trunk of this car? And what's that smell?!?!

Vivaldi: Sorry.

Shot of the waterfront of Havana, circa 1936. Probably Hoboken with a lot of CGI.

VOICEOVER: In a time before the world goes up in flames, there were two unsung heroes who kept us all safe. Now you can finally hear their story!

Shot of cards falling on green velvet, cut to a car speeding away, cut to Vivaldi sitting at the side of the road.

Vivaldi: What the Hell? Who's going to feed me? COME BACK HERE!

Cut to Harv and Vera looking at each other longingly.

VOICEOVER: Twentieth Century pshrynk presents:

The Beginning: When Harv Met Vera!

Vivaldi voiceover: Hey! I thought you meant me and Vera! You should change that to three unsung heroes!

VOICEOVER: I gotta get me a job where I don't have to work with dogs!

Last edited by pshrynk; 06-10-2009 at 04:39 PM.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?

JOY !!!!

so what happens next ????
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Yay!!! Another exciting harv and vera saga -- come on, what happens next?!
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:25 AM   #4
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I love it! But there otter be otters in this one.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:08 PM   #5
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Ooooh! Excited now!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #6
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On the banks of the Mississippi, in Wisconsin, two otters were eating their lunch of clams and discussing plots to take over the world. A river boat steamed by.

The first one, which was strangely enough named "Steve Jordan," looked at the second and said, "Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"I could swear that I just heard someone say, 'Who the Hell are you , and did that dog just talk?'"

Last edited by pshrynk; 07-17-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
OH YIPPPIE!!!! ::: doing the macarena :::: ( i'm also posting to otterly sure i'm subscribed!!)
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphapheemail View Post
OH YIPPPIE!!!! ::: doing the macarena :::: ( i'm also posting to otterly sure i'm subscribed!!)
Very sensible. I would be otterly upset if I thought I'd miss an installment.

There otter be a way to auto-subscribe to threads with certain keywords in their titles...
Old 06-11-2009, 02:45 PM   #9
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Very sensible. I would be otterly upset if I thought I'd miss an installment.

There otter be a way to auto-subscribe to threads with certain keywords in their titles...
agreed. while i wait i'ma go read my other fave series... Hairy Otter
Old 06-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #10
pshrynk

So, maybe if I say that there will be no forthcoming episodes until the cover for the last saga is done, then I'll get some action around here...

Last edited by pshrynk; 06-11-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:46 PM   #11
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Now I would normally be all for saying to the person concerned "Don't give in to blackmail!" but I'm not sure I'm strong enough in this case!
Old 06-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #12
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Ditto
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:03 PM   #13
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
agreed. while i wait i'ma go read my other fave series... Hairy Otter
This little guy...

Click image for larger version

Name:	hairy_otter_452975.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	30698
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #14
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
So, maybe if I say that there will be no forthcoming episodes until the cover for the last saga is done, then I'll get some action around here...
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

please don't say that
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #15
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

please don't say that
DITTO!!! Pshrynk: tell us what we need to do!!! go to france and pickett???!!
Tell me where and ill gather members!

@ Dreams: that is the cutest/coolest!!!

Tags
wait, what?, when_harv_met_vera