Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-14-2017, 10:58 AM   #1
elphie
elphie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, IPad 8th Gen
Help opening directly from Chrome

Newb & apologies if this is a browser rather than Calibre specific issue.

Previously when reading fanfic on Ao3 etc (via Firefox) if I hit the download button (mobi option as my reader is kindle) I got the option to open or save. I usually chose open which it did directly in calibre.

Now I am using Chrome it just directly saves to my hard-drive & then needs to be manually added to my library to be read. Previously it just created a temp file in my apps folder.

Any idea if I can get back the option to open directly in Chrome without that manual step & affecting my library. Am I missing something obvious?

I already require two browsers for various sites & really don't want a third, I stopped using Firefox due to other media issues.
THANKS
elphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:13 PM   #2
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by www.ghacks.net
Download the file type that you want opened automatically in the Chrome browser. You should see it displayed in the downloads bar at the bottom of the page.

When it completes, click on the small arrow icon next to it and select the "always open files of this type" option. This marks the file type so that it is run automatically whenever files matching it are downloaded to the local system.

https://www.ghacks.net/2015/10/29/ho...automatically/
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2017, 01:25 PM   #3
elphie
elphie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, IPad 8th Gen
That's it!

Thanks JimmyR - much appreciated.
elphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:20 PM   #4
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
You're welcome.

I switched from FF to Chrome a couple of years ago. Apparently, I haven't had a pressing need to open files automatically. Curious, I searched through the settings but had to resort to Google to find the answer. So now I know how, too.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote