Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-02-2017, 05:45 AM   #1
hezar
hezar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW3
manual jailbreak 5.8.10

hello. I am new to this forum and this is my first post.
my kindle is running fw 5.8.10 by default and after some searching I found out that the only way could be serial jailbreak/root. so I opened up my kindle, connected serial pins, removed the root password. annndd.. the part that says copy this files to kindle is confusing? do I just need to copy .pem file to the kindle? or do I have to downgrade? dump new fw?
I sure can do these manually. so someone just tell me what should be done to jailbreak?
hezar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:14 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hezar View Post
my kindle is running fw 5.8.10 by default and after some searching I found out that the only way could be serial jailbreak/root. so I opened up my kindle, connected serial pins, removed the root password. annndd.. the part that says copy this files to kindle is confusing? do I just need to copy .pem file to the kindle? or do I have to downgrade? dump new fw?
I sure can do these manually. so someone just tell me what should be done to jailbreak?
There is more than one serial jail break thread.
Please post in the thread that you are using when you have a question.

Yes.
Just copy the *.pem file to the proper place, as directed.
(If you had posted in the correct thread, I would know what directions are confusing you and given you a better answer.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2017, 02:31 AM   #3
hezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
There is more than one serial jail break thread.
Please post in the thread that you are using when you have a question.

Yes.
Just copy the *.pem file to the proper place, as directed.
(If you had posted in the correct thread, I would know what directions are confusing you and given you a better answer.)
thanks for the information.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:35 PM   #4
mjjw2003
mjjw2003 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 2013 (Prefix 9017)
Got a few questions

Quote:
Hello, my name is Jimmy and I am also trying to serial jailbreak my kindle that I accidentally updated to 5.8.10. I took a look at these websites that shows you how to remove the root password,
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=263113
So I ordered the TLL adapter which arrived today. I just realized what to do after I remove the root password. Where do I find the jailbreak files for my kindle? Would you mind sharing with me your jailbreak files and how you did it?

Many thanks.
mjjw2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:16 AM   #5
nneo
nneo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Book T76ML Carta+
nneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2017, 12:44 AM   #6
Vidyvideni
Vidyvideni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle oasis
it seems beginner can't create post, so , I ask a question here , how to use usb network , I tried everything , I can't login using ssh.

# create a key pair without passphrase

ssh-kegen

# copy the public key to /usbnet/etc/authorized_keys

# use the private key to login ssh -i my_private key

but it just keeps asking me password, the article form the original author is very cumbersome, all I need to know is the right steps to set up ssh with wifi. can anyone give me some advice please?
Vidyvideni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:59 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidyvideni View Post
it seems beginner can't create post, so , I ask a question here , how to use usb network , I tried everything , I can't login using ssh.

# create a key pair without passphrase

ssh-kegen

# copy the public key to /usbnet/etc/authorized_keys

# use the private key to login ssh -i my_private key

but it just keeps asking me password, the article form the original author is very cumbersome, all I need to know is the right steps to set up ssh with wifi. can anyone give me some advice please?
Try the master index.
Try filtering the threads using the prefix filter.
Try searching.

This subject has been written about here dozens of times.
Perhaps start with those threads prefixed as "tutorial".
Old 11-24-2017, 02:28 PM   #8
hezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjw2003 View Post
Hello, my name is Jimmy and I am also trying to serial jailbreak my kindle that I accidentally updated to 5.8.10. I took a look at these websites that shows you how to remove the root password,
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=263113
So I ordered the TLL adapter which arrived today. I just realized what to do after I remove the root password. Where do I find the jailbreak files for my kindle? Would you mind sharing with me your jailbreak files and how you did it?

Many thanks.
well, I just replaced .pem file with the one in the jailbreak script. ( I*don't remember if there was a file or it was made by redirecting output of 'cat' command. sorry just read the script.)
most of the jailbreak script is BS! just create .pem file and install KUAL and terminal emulator. I did the rest with terminal emulator in kindle.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:15 PM   #9
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
well, I just replaced .pem file with the one in the jailbreak script. ( I*don't remember if there was a file or it was made by redirecting output of 'cat' command. sorry just read the script.)
most of the jailbreak script is BS! just create .pem file and install KUAL and terminal emulator. I did the rest with terminal emulator in kindle.
Not so.
You must consider our audience.