Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-30-2014, 11:27 AM   #16
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
New beta version uploaded

I've uploaded a new epubcheck version with validation pane support for Sigil 0.8.2. (It's attached to the first message in this thread.)
The new version emulates the behavior of FlightCrew. I.e., it'll write error messages to the Validation Results window and you can now click on an error message to display the line it refers to.
Like the previous version it'll also write the epubcheck output to the Plugin Runner window, which you'll need to close by clicking OK to access the Validation Results window.

This update was only tested with the 32bit/64bit Windows and Linux versions of Sigil, however, it should also work with the OSX version.

Note: Before you can install the new version (epubcheck_v0.2.zip), you'll need to uninstall the currently installed version via Plugins > Manage Plugins > epubcheck > Remove Plugin.

If you get the following message in the Plugin Runner window after running the plugin:

Code:
Launcher: script type validation is not supported
you'll need to install Sigil 0.8.2. (If no 0.8.2 build is available for your platform you'll need to install the previous version without validation pane support.)

Last edited by Doitsu; 11-30-2014 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Fixed typos
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:46 PM   #17
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Doitsu;

Installed epubcheck_v0.2.zip.

epubcheck seems to cause a problem.

Before run

Code:
<meta content="2014/11/30" name="dcterms.date.of publication" />
After run

Code:
<meta content="2014/11/30" name="dcterms.date of publication" />
Repair to

Code:
<meta content="2014/11/30" name="dcterms.date.of publication" />
After run

Code:
<meta content="2014/11/30" name="dcterms.date of publication" />
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2014, 01:16 PM   #18
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

As Doitsu said, you should remove all of the metadata from that html page and convert it to proper dc metadata at the book level using Sigil's metadata editor. The metadata you have is not correct for dcterms and has spaces in the name "field" which are not allowed.

So either remove it completely or change it to
Code:
name="dcterms.dateOfPublication"
or some other name without spaces.

Or better yet, convert it to be proper dc or dcterms metadata.

KevinH

Last edited by KevinH; 11-30-2014 at 01:20 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 01:17 PM   #19
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Installed epubcheck_v0.2.zip.
epubcheck seems to cause a problem. [...]
epubcheck does not touch files; it copies the currently loaded epub to a temporary folder and then runs epubcheck. (It also can't automatically fix problems found by epubcheck.)

I've just tested it with Drift from Two Shores.epub, which you uploaded yesterday in DiapDealer's thread and didn't see any changed lines nor was an asterisk being displayed after the file name in the title bar.

If you're still convinced that the plugin changes the content of epubs, please attach one that will be changed after running the epubcheck plugin.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:59 PM   #20
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
My problem may not be with epubcheck. It has worked corectly once or twice.

I have the Validations Results panel locked at the bottom of the sigil display.

When working correctly, the results appear in the locked Validation Results panel. When things go wrong the Validation Results appears as a floating panel.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2014, 06:39 PM   #21
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
When working correctly, the results appear in the locked Validation Results panel. When things go wrong the Validation Results appears as a floating panel.
Like all other Sigil plugins, the epubcheck plugin displays a modal Plugin Runner window, which needs to be closed, before you can access the Validation Results window.
If you use a floating Validation Results window, it might overlap with the Plugin Runner window and hide it. For this reason, you may want to dock the Validation Results window before running the epubcheck plugin. (Future Sigil versions won't have this issue.)

If you find the updated version of the epubcheck plugin difficult to use, you can always use the online version, the pagina drag & drop version or the original epubcheck version (without validation pane support).
Old 12-03-2014, 02:42 AM   #22
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
I have the same issue that pete6055 described in #6, i. e.
"Error: Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment'\CurrentVersion'
has value '1.8', but '1.7' is required.

Error: could not find java.dll
Error: Could not find Java SE Runtime Environment."

And, likewise: "Java and SE Runtime are installed and in the system path" in my case. He managed to solve this problem, but I didn't really understand, how (and I woud not like messing my registry). Could you, please, give a step-by-step guidance for dummies? The interesting is that, some time ago, the plugin worked without problems.

Thans in advance!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 03:46 AM   #23
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
I have the same issue that pete6055 described in #6, i. e.
"Error: Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment'\CurrentVersion'
Unfortunately, I can't help you with this, because I've never encountered this problem myself with my Windows 8 and Windows XP machines. If you have a 64bit machine, this problem might have been caused by different 32bit and 64bit Java versions on your machine. (Since both versions can be installed and used independently from each other, they might have different version numbers and registry entries.)
I'd recommend uninstalling both 32bit and 64bit versions from your machine and reinstalling the latest 32bit and 64bit versions from Oracle. (You'll also need to add the Java path to the PATH environment variable.)
(Make sure that there are no Java leftovers in the Windows program folders (C:\Program Files\ or C:\Programme) after uninstalling Java and that there are no Java path related registry entries in the Windows registry, before installing the latest versions.)
Old 12-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #24
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
[QUOTE=Leonatus;2992353]I have the same issue that pete6055 described in #6, i. e.

Error: could not find java.dll
Error: Could not find Java SE Runtime Environment."

And, likewise: "Java and SE Runtime are installed and in the system path" in my case. He managed to solve this problem, but I didn't really understand, how (and I woud not like messing my registry). Could you, please, give a step-by-step guidance for dummies? The interesting is that, some time ago, the plugin worked without problems.
/QUOTE]

I've also been fighting this problem - I'm using the "legacy" verson of Sigil on a 32 Bit XP machine.

After quite a bit of fiddling it became apparent that the problem was with Java. I had 1.7 and 1.8 installed but with 1.7 deactivated in the Java control panel.

I've solved the problem by completely uninstalling the 1.7 version - using the system/control panel (not the Java control panel). Now Sigil's plugins work.

HTH

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:14 AM   #25
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Thank you, BobC! It might well be as you say. I bought me a new computer, and there is no issue.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:21 AM   #26
Capricorn
Connoisseur
Capricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD
Hi, I have just discovered the plugin possibilities for sigil and now I am testing the epubcheck plugin.
I have installed python, I have installed java. And it works for example with the sanitychecker plugin.
But I run into the following problem wit the epubcheck plugin:
I am in Calibre, I use the "open with" plugin to open an epub in sigil and then I run the epubcheck plugin within sigil. I then get this error message within the epubcheck plugin window:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\\python\launcher.py", line 135, in launch
self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
File "C:\Users\Dirk\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\epubcheck\plugin.py", line 41, in run
result = jarWrapper(*args)
File "C:\Users\Dirk\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\epubcheck\plugin.py", line 15, in jarWrapper
process = Popen(list(args), stdout=PIPE, stderr=PIPE)
File "C:\Python27\lib\subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
errread, errwrite)
File "C:\Python27\lib\subprocess.py", line 958, in _execute_child
startupinfo)
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified
Error: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

I am NOT sure what it means.
But, if I go into the calibre library folder, and so AVOID the "open with" plugin, and then open the same epub file there with sigil and then run the epubcheck plugin, it executes normally.
Any pointers to make this sigil plugin work while using the calibre "open with" plugin with sigil would be much appreciated, as it saves me lots of time using the "open with" plugin.
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:45 AM   #27
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The latest version of calibre does include a native Open With capability, right-click on the format in calibre.

Might help.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:47 AM   #28
Capricorn
Connoisseur
Capricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD
Cool. That works. Marvelous. Thank you very much. That made my day.
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:12 AM   #29
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

IMHO, running Sigil only to run epubcheck is a bit of overkill. It'd be easier to simply add pagina EPUB-Checker as a Calibre Open With app. (This app is also based on epubcheck 3.0.1.)
Old 04-01-2015, 08:23 AM   #30
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm guessing the original issue has something to do with a python plugin subprocessing a c++ program that was subprocessing a python plugin that was subprocessing a java program.

Actually, I see in the Open With plugin code that there's a special handler for Sigil on Windows that involves the PATH being deleted from the retrieved os.environ dictionary before launching the Sigil subprocess. I'm sure something necessitated that bit of trickeration, but unfortunately, it also means that any Sigil plugin that relies on the ability to launch an external program without the full path to the exe is doomed to failure whenever Sigil is launched via the Open With calibre plugin on Windows. The "Open With" plugin also first blanks the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (for all launched subprocesses) on Linux, so any Sigil plugins that rely on using/diddling the LD_LIBRARY_PATH will be doomed to similar failures when Sigil is launched via the OW plugin on Linux.

Good to know that the new native "Open With" calibre feature eliminates the problem.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-01-2015 at 08:39 AM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote