Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-25-2012, 04:09 AM   #1
laurenspm
laurenspm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle D00901
Question Books not appearing on Kindle

I transferred 10 books to my Kindle but they have not appeared on the Home page for reading. When connected to the PC they appear in the library in the drive, and when running Calibre they appear as titles in the device with a green tick and in the main memore. I have not previously had problems with Calibre. This is the first operation since updating to the latest version, and is also the first time I have transferred more than one book at a time. Subsequent attempts to move only one book have not worked either, and if picking a title for the second time show (2) books on the device in the Calibre list of titles on the device. Anyone please?
laurenspm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:19 AM   #2
AZImmortal
Zealot
AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Nexus 7
I don't use Calibre too often and the computer that I'm using now doesn't have it installed, but just to confirm, the books are in .mobi format and they're in the documents folder for the Kindle?
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2012, 04:26 AM   #3
laurenspm

Yes all in the documents folder or subfolders of documents. Some MOBI, some AZW, some APNX, and some AZW3. I think all these are acceptable to the Kindle.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:31 AM   #4
RicciBobbi
RicciBobbi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I am having the exact same problem. According to calibre I have 375 books on my Kindle, but when I look on my Kindle I only have 95! It is driving me insane. I have completely reset the factory settings and resent all the books to the kindle and I still can't see most of them. Grrrrrrrr. It is absolutely doing my head in.
RicciBobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:09 AM   #5
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are these books converted by Calibre? What happens if you add them manually instead of using Calibre?
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2012, 05:16 AM   #6
laurenspm

I only have experience of delivery over wi-fi from Amazon and downloading books by Calibre. It worked up until now. I don't know what you mean by 'add them manually'.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:33 AM   #7
RicciBobbi

Again, I am in the exact same boat as Lauren. I did try to add some once by dragging and dropping into the documents file of my kindle through 'my computer' but that didn't work very well.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:05 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenspm View Post
I only have experience of delivery over wi-fi from Amazon and downloading books by Calibre. It worked up until now. I don't know what you mean by 'add them manually'.
He means use Windows Explorer and copy the books into the "documents" folder of your Kindle.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:56 AM   #9
laurenspm

Kindle info from Amazon doesn't list AZW3 but it was in the list of acceptable files in my Calibre. Either the list was overwritten in the latest update or by chance I never downloaded an AZW3 file before. Anyway I deleted all the invisible titles from the Kindle, converted all the new ones to go from Calibre into MOBI and sent them all in one hit. It's working fine now thanks everyone.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:26 AM   #10
RicciBobbi

How did you delete the invisible titles?
Old 09-25-2012, 07:30 AM   #11
laurenspm

Ricci I did that in Windows Explorer. The Kindle comes up as a drive letter called Kindle and in it's Documents folder all the invisible books appear. Just select and delete the lot and start again.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #12
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
I drag and drop to add ebooks to my kindle as Amazon hates Calibre and every update to your device probably will have some impact on using Calibre. They won't even accept authors' ebooks that have been formatted by Calibre.
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool file typs acceptable to the Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenspm View Post
Yes all in the documents folder or subfolders of documents. Some MOBI, some AZW, some APNX, and some AZW3. I think all these are acceptable to the Kindle.
APNX is not a book, it stores page number info for a book.
AZW3 is a relatively new book format and only works on the Kindle Keyboard if you have updated to the newest, 3.4, firmware.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
All my books have been run through Calibre with no problem. I don't sideload though I send the book through email or Send to Kindle to my Personal Documents cloud. I've never had a problem. You can't send KF8 yet though those do have to be sideloaded still.
You need a K3-3.4, K4-4.01 , KT or KF to read AZW3 (KF8)
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #15
RicciBobbi

Ok, so I have left Calibre to convert all my books to MOBI over night (and it really did take 12+ hours!) and have just reset my kindle to start anew. Fingers crossed things work now!