Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-31-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
superstaaar
superstaaar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Pocket Edition
Connections issue with Sony ereader and Calibre

Hi,

I am really new to the ereader world and would appreciate any help! I have a Sony pocket edition reader and have been trying to get it to work with Calibre. The first time I plugged it in Calibre did not recognize it. I unplugged the USB cable and then plugged it back in and it was recognized but I got a connection error. I could see that it saw my device but I am unable to transfer any books to it. I have just downloaded the most recent edition of Calibre and have removed my Sony software but now it will not even recognize my ereader.

My sister has a kobo reader and uses Calibre all the time without any issues. Is this a Sony issue or did I just miss something in the settings?

Thanks again for any help...I really hope I am able to use Calibre with my ereader.
superstaaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Check that you really have the latest calibre... there were a couple of rapid updates when a release broke a few things and I believe one may have been a problem with Sony.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2010, 11:22 PM   #3
Clancy_s
Zealot
Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Is your computer recognising the reader as a storage device and will it open it in a file browser?

What OS and version are you using?
Clancy_s is offline   Reply With Quote