Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 07:47 AM   #1
codeMonkey
Zealot
codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Cool-ER (running pocketbook firmware), Nokia N800, Nokia N900
Cool-ER Firmware

Since the CoolReaders site has gone down, I've uploaded a copy of the latest Cool-ER firmware to rapidshare - if anyone can think of somewhere better to host it please be my guest.

http://rapidshare.com/files/42419805...600em-0203.zip

If anyone wants a specific older firmware I probably have a copy of those somewhere too.
codeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:53 AM   #2
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Thanks for uploading, I'm trying to download it - third time actually.
Always get timeouts :-/
Would it be possible split it into multiple archives (perhaps use RAR on top of the ZIP?), so it'd be easier to download?
I'll try to upload it to my webhost, but I'm not sure if that'll work either. It IS quite a large file...
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 06:47 AM   #3
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony 650 and Cool-er
What has happened to the Cooler site, have they gone 'down'??
Orn8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:45 AM   #4
nnylyart
nnylyart began at the beginning.

Device: Cooler Reader
firmware download

Does anyone have the newest firmware available to download?
nnylyart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:52 AM   #5
codeMonkey
Zealot
codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Edvb has pointed me to a copy in his post here.
I'm still at a bit of a loss as to which filesharing site to upload it to.
Advert
Old 10-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #6
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Perhaps split it into multiple parts and upload to more than one site?
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:07 AM   #7
codeMonkey
Zealot

I've split it up and tried to upload to 4shared.com, but it doesn't seem to be working.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:51 PM   #8
Edvb
Edvb began at the beginning.

Device: cool-er
I downloaded my cool-er firmware ( 1.12.10) so the latest 3 days ago and it works very good. That it is a spanish site is not a problem.
here the site is again: http://files.leer-e.es/descargas/
Edvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:43 PM   #9
Heethun
Heethun began at the beginning.

Device: Cooler
Can someone help me. I confess not to have the knowledge of you all when it comes to upgrading firmware. Firstly I have been successful in downloading the zip file but when opening it to the sd card it opens within a folder. is this correct. what 3 buttons should I be pressing on the ereader?
Heethun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:58 AM   #10
codeMonkey
Zealot

Hi Heethun
When you unzip it there should be a whole mess of folders e.g. ap, dev, etc, font, bin, etc
These need to be at the top-most level of your SD card, so not in a folder called COOLER-vfat-eb600em-0203.

This youtube video shows how to do the update.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:59 PM   #11
Heethun
Heethun began at the beginning.

Device: Cooler
Thanks for that, that is really helpfull. However it has failed to work. The video shows the display as normal, but my reader has the 8 lines of gray on it and always goes back to that screen!!
Heethun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:17 AM   #12
codeMonkey
Zealot

My only suggestion is to try again - you may have done something wrong.

The devices can be a little picky for one of several reasons:
Your SD card is > 4gb (for update purposes the reader prefers smaller cards)
The folders/files aren't in the correct place on the SD card.
Something happened when copying the files onto the SD card.

Try deleting the files from the SD card, re-copying (and waiting for a few minutes after it's done the writing) and doing the update again.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #13
perry261
perry261 began at the beginning.

Device: infibeam pi
many thanks for cooler firmware link
perry261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:54 AM   #14
Edvb
Edvb began at the beginning.

Device: cool-er
Try it maybe several times.
I needed 5/6 times before I succeeded.
Edvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:55 AM   #15
Jeff22
Jeff22 began at the beginning.

Device: Irex V2 E-cooler Foxit reader
You can find the last firmware explications hereand Firmware here

Last edited by Jeff22; 10-27-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Jeff22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooler, firmware