Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-12-2017, 07:35 AM   #1
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Used T2 revived

I bought the last weekend an used T2 from the local flea market.
It worked almost as new, except that one could not access some submenus in the settings nor other subpages in various device's own menus.

I looked into google and the only solution that worked (the others were simply misleading, to say it politically neutral ) was found in this forum - namely I was looking for a hard reset.

After a hard reset, I managed to get it in a full working state. I noticed the fact that it was "updated" to kobo bookshop, and it appears that this was the cause for its malfunction.

I decided to post this here, just in case, as I noticed there were a few threads about bricking Sony PRS series after updating to the last FW (kobo). I do not exclude that there might be other issues some FW may cause that cannot be cured this way, but I suggest people should hard reset it first then go other methods...

Hope it helps!
------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: With the Reader powered on, on the bottom of the device, press and hold the Power button until the Device Shutdown screen appears.
In the Device Shutdown screen, press Yes.
Press the Power button again to turn the Reader on.
While the screen displays opening book..... , simultaneously press and hold down the Page Turn (Next) and Back buttons.

Allow the Home screen to fully load (Loading... should no longer flash in the top left corner of your screen) and then do the following button sequence while still holding down the Page Turn (Next) and Back buttons:
Release - Press - Release the Back button only and then Release the Page Turn (Next) button.
In the Would you like to execute Factory Initialize screen, press Yes.
Press the Power button again to turn on the Reader. The Reader will be set to factory settings.
Source: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=206747
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:49 AM   #2
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Yes, the hard reset instructions helped me revive the PRS350 I got a couple of months back. It was device locked and I got tired of trying number combos so I used the hard reset to actually be able to get into it.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote