Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 05:40 AM   #1
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Wow - Android Update - Nice

Anyone else use the Android version and just had an update

New widget shows how long it will take you to finish your book, along with time read and percentage read

Prices are now shown in the app home screen so can see if I want to buy the book

Couple of nice additions there for me, not see any bugs so far, but only been looking at it for a short while
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
piratepanda
Connoisseur
piratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One
Let's hope the readers will get this as well
piratepanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #3
myself11
Enthusiast
myself11 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST + Kindle PW2
I found a bug: when the window with a word's definition is displayed on the bottom, it get's cut by the share/look/add note bar.

Also the portuguese dict is very inconsistent. It has the definition for "boy" or "misterious", but not for "nose" or "common".

EDIT: how can I report this to Kobo?

Last edited by myself11; 12-06-2012 at 07:08 AM.
myself11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #4
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself11 View Post
I found a bug: when the window with a word's definition is displayed on the bottom, it get's cut by the share/look/add note bar.

Also the portuguese dict is very inconsistent. It has the definition for "boy" or "misterious", but not for "nose" or "common".

Boy...I think it's mysterious that such a common word as nose is not defined.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
frankieGom
Interested
frankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Touch & Glo, Sony PRS-T1

Last edited by frankieGom; 12-06-2012 at 07:56 AM.
frankieGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #6
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Quote:

http://www.kobo.com/help/otherdevices-apps#readingapps

click on contact customer care at the right, then select option from popup
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #7
myself11
Enthusiast

Thanks, I've sent them an e-mail.

Does someone else noticed the bug with the word definition window?
Old 12-07-2012, 02:58 AM   #8
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Thanks, I've sent them an e-mail.

Does someone else noticed the bug with the word definition window?
There's no bug. The definition window will scroll if you use your thumb or finger.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:11 AM   #9
myself11
Enthusiast

You're right. I'm used to Kindle app interface which I find better and easier to use.

How about the japanese dict. Do you have any complaints or everything works the way it should?
Old 12-07-2012, 06:31 AM   #10
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Nice update but argh!!!! no option to justify the text. iOS version has had that function, but not on Android *cry*.

But the app is getting ALOT better.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #11
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Nice update but argh!!!! no option to justify the text. iOS version has had that function, but not on Android *cry*.

But the app is getting ALOT better.
Kobo's Android app is severely lacking, especially when it comes to formatting (no justification, spacing, or margins, no choice in fonts beyond serif/sans, and the font sizes seem more limited compared to their eInk readers) and support for any file format other than their own and DRM-free ePubs. Seems like they spent way too much time shoehorning in pointless Facebook integration (Pulse and sharing options), which nobody seems to actually use, instead of doing anything to make the reading experience a good one. (personally, I'll be sticking to Overdrive Media Console if I need to read books on my Arc...)
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #12
ashan
Connoisseur
ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: could be Kobo Glo or KPW
I don't like it for a simple reason, as stated above, a lot of space is wasted on margins, left, right and of course even bottom, it makes my 4.3 inch screen look like 3.2 inch.
ashan is offline   Reply With Quote