Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
A hard case that doubles as a stand

Just picked this up: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=170715564263

Even with shipping it is still only $20. Considering that the cases on the indigo site are double that, I thought this was a good deal.
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
I thought about this one...you'll have to let us know how you like it when you buy it. I'd also like to see a photo of what it looks like with the Vox in it.

I bought a bookstyle cover and it's fine. I like that I can charge it while it's still in the cover. I don't like that the stitching on the inside flap leaves marks on the Vox screen. Maybe a screen protector would help this?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #3
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Already bought. Hopefully it will be here next week. I may grab one of those other covers as a backup. So far, I DIG my Vox. Even managed to get Netflix running using version 1.5.0 as opposed to 1.5.1 (current). So other than the youtube issue (haven't tried getting audiobooks on overdrive but they work like a charm on the audible app). I'm a happy clam.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
NotchJ
NotchJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I bought the same thing over a week ago.... still waiting for it to arrive....
NotchJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #5
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Looks quite interesting. Thanks for posting. Please post a photo once you get it.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #6
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

[QUOTE=cypherslock;1818302]Even managed to get Netflix running using version 1.5.0 as opposed to 1.5.1 (current). QUOTE]

Whaaaa???? Virtual KISS cypherslock!!!

So...I just find the free download for version 1.5.0 and that should work???
Old 11-04-2011, 11:13 PM   #7
cypherslock
Groupie

You bet bro.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:24 AM   #8
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Re Netflix, could you folks document that in another thread with Netflix in the subject. Complete with download site instructions. Thanks.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:20 AM   #9
pokee
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
Re Netflix, could you folks document that in another thread with Netflix in the subject. Complete with download site instructions. Thanks.
Okay - doing that right now...
Old 11-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #10
herrjeff
herrjeff began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Playbook cases

Given the size of the Vox, I tried a few discounted Playbook cases and found this one by Targus which could serve as a stand at Staples for only $24.97:
http://www.targus.ca/ca/product_deta...sku=THZ05102CA

(and there's plenty of them for even cheaper on eBay!)

Last edited by herrjeff; 11-05-2011 at 03:08 PM.
herrjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:10 PM   #11
some1else
Enthusiast
some1else began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox, iPhone 4, Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypherslock View Post
Just picked this up: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=170715564263

Even with shipping it is still only $20. Considering that the cases on the indigo site are double that, I thought this was a good deal.
Has it arrived? How do you like it? I am considering same. Thanks.
some1else is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:34 PM   #12
markT4
Enthusiast
markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.

Device: none
Do you guys think this playbook case would work with the kobo vox?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1PC-Colorful-...item2a145c7e23

It seems to have slots cut out where the vox's buttons and speaker is; might have to cut a whole out for the light sensor. The Vox is an extra 3 mm in thickness than the playbook but that shouldn't make to much a difference?
markT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:00 PM   #13
cypherslock
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by some1else View Post
I'm hoping this week it will. I'll take pics don't worry
Old 11-21-2011, 07:58 PM   #14
NotchJ
NotchJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by some1else View Post
It has and it's a nice hard cover. Fits the Kobo well. Not sure about the velcro angled support though. Hard to get the balance right. Still, it was worth it just as a nice hard cover case.
NotchJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:31 PM   #15
cypherslock
Groupie

NotchJ Where'd you get yours? Mine STILL hasn't come. Flipping Canada Post....