Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #16
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I'm glad Woot is taking care of you (as they should, since you appear to have gotten a dud).

Will you give it another try, or are you hoping for the credit at this point? If you get a replacement I certainly hope it works right the first time!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:15 AM   #17
fschutzman
fschutzman began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Well, I am one of those unfortunate "pocket edge white screen of death" people. I have tried everything mention (back to dingo, etc.) but no luck. I was wondering if there is a way to reformat the edge with android 2+. At this point it is a brick anyway, or maybe someone could tell me how to put a small linux kernel on it. I know I will lose the "eink" side but something is better than nothing. Another question: how much do you think the battery is worth if I have to sell it for parts?
fschutzman
fschutzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:38 AM   #18
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome to MobileRead, fschutzman! Sorry about your WSoD.

Where/when did you buy your PE? Woot has been really good about replacing the faulty ones. If you bought it on ebay I suppose you can't return it, but you at least have a chance with most retail vendors.

I can't answer your direct questions. I hope you don't have to sell it for parts, though.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:41 AM   #19
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by fschutzman View Post
Well, I am one of those unfortunate "pocket edge white screen of death" people. I have tried everything mention (back to dingo, etc.) but no luck. I was wondering if there is a way to reformat the edge with android 2+. At this point it is a brick anyway, or maybe someone could tell me how to put a small linux kernel on it. I know I will lose the "eink" side but something is better than nothing. Another question: how much do you think the battery is worth if I have to sell it for parts?
fschutzman
The WSOD appears to be hardware related so I don't think you will have much luck with software.

The battery is worth what ever you can get for it
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #20
fschutzman

Woot contacted me today (7/25) My only problem is that my wife "recycled" the inside packaging of the original edge box. I have the outside box. I could send the edge back with bubble packing but that is not original. Anybody want to sell the inside packaging cheap?
Send me a private message if you can help with the packaging.

fschutzman
Old 07-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #21
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by fschutzman View Post
Woot contacted me today (7/25) My only problem is that my wife "recycled" the inside packaging of the original edge box. I have the outside box. I could send the edge back with bubble packing but that is not original. Anybody want to sell the inside packaging cheap?
Send me a private message if you can help with the packaging.

fschutzman
Woot doesn't care.. it's just going to get tossed into someone's Big Oil Company anyway.

Just throw the unit in the box.. wad up some paper towels or newspaper or toilet paper (woot will get a KICK out of that!) and ship it off!

I just shipped back my first one today. Woot sent me the replacement before I sent back the original (a week ago) and they haven't even said a word about it, but sending the first one back anyway just seemed like the right thing to do...

Or just wait until the replacement comes and then use the materials from it to send the old one back...
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:59 PM   #22
fschutzman

Well today Woot responded and said for me to contact entourage because it is under a one year warranty. What a joke! I replied that I knew the company is defunct and I knew that Woot knew that also. What are they trying to pull? (I'll bet they have ran out of Pocket Edge replacements). Last time I buy anything from Woot.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:13 AM   #23
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
I'd keep pushing for either a replacement part or a refund.
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:23 AM   #24
oldmac
oldmac began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
received my refund

I did receive my refund from Woot! It was timely & not a problem. I'm so sorry for those who have had issues.
oldmac is offline   Reply With Quote