Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 04-13-2020, 01:49 PM   #1
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Likebook Mars and Onyx Nova

I don't know how to edit the title of this thread, but as of now both the Nova and the Mars have been sold!!! Many thanks to the buyers!!

Last edited by downeaster59; 04-18-2020 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Both devices sold
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 02:17 PM   #2
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Ill buy the nova. Pmed.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2020, 03:34 AM   #3
nicolasqueen
Full Fledged Newbie
nicolasqueen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis; Likebook Mars
Can you give me any more information on the Likebook? I am unfamiliar but interested!
nicolasqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 06:11 AM   #4
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasqueen View Post
Can you give me any more information on the Likebook? I am unfamiliar but interested!
The Likebook Mars is an Android-based e-Book reader with a 7.8 inch display, 2 gb of RAM, and 16 gb of internal storage. It runs Android 6.0. It has an sd card slot so you can add more storage. I have used a 128 gb sd card in it with no problems.

Here is a link to the Likebook Mars' product page on Amazon. You can find more specs there, as well as reviews from various users.

The Mars has Google Play Store, but Google services must be activated before you can use Play Store. The activation process is simple but not intuitive. If you decide to buy, I'll tell you how to do that.

My Mars comes with a case and a USB cable.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have.
Old 04-18-2020, 01:11 AM   #5
nicolasqueen
Full Fledged Newbie

I think I am interested. My only question is how well does it read pdf files?
Advert
Old 04-18-2020, 12:36 PM   #6
downeaster59
Wizard

The Likebook does a decent job with pdf files. The stock reader app has a number of pdf settings, and page-turning is pretty smooth. The main limitation is that some pdfs may look too small on a 7.8 inch display to be read comfortably. To be honest, the Onyx Nova is better with pdfs - but the Likebook Mars is good.
Old 04-18-2020, 12:59 PM   #7
nicolasqueen
Full Fledged Newbie

Yeah I wish I had made it in time for the Nova.
Old 04-18-2020, 01:21 PM   #8
downeaster59
Wizard

You can pm me if you decide on the Likebook.
Old 04-18-2020, 01:30 PM   #9
nicolasqueen
Full Fledged Newbie

Just reading a little more and will let you know.

Is there a pdf app from the play store that handles them better?
Old 04-18-2020, 01:43 PM   #10
downeaster59
Wizard

I've never used a pdf app on an e-ink device, so I can't say which ones would look good on e-ink. I know that Xodo is very good, but I haven't tried it on e-ink.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:10 AM   #11
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You may be able to run the Onyx Neoreader app on the Likebook. The apk is on these forums. If it runs, the Likebook may be able to read pdf files as well as the Onyx. Half of the power of the Onyx is its pdf software Neoreader.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:27 PM   #12
nicolasqueen
Full Fledged Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
You may be able to run the Onyx Neoreader app on the Likebook. The apk is on these forums. If it runs, the Likebook may be able to read pdf files as well as the Onyx. Half of the power of the Onyx is its pdf software Neoreader.
I just got it and I am interested in trying this. I will give it a try.

Also, Downeaster, I am loving it so far! Thanks again!
Old 04-24-2020, 09:31 AM   #13
Pajamaman
Wizard

I received the Nova. Great condition. Thanks downeaster59.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:21 PM   #14
downeaster59
Wizard

Glad to hear that your devices arrived safely and that you are enjoying them! They both served me well. I'm very pleased with my Nova 2! I thank you both for buying my Nova and Mars, which helps pay for the Nova 2!
Old 04-25-2020, 03:22 PM   #15
nicolasqueen
Full Fledged Newbie

I am honestly thinking about upgrading to the Nova 2 after reading more about it. Love to hear your thoughts!

Yes, I know that may seem weird after just buying the Mars!