Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 02-14-2020, 12:47 AM   #1
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
Thumbs up Satisfied: Hanlin/Jinke V3 device

I am still very much adoring my nice old Ezreader and it occurs to me that getting a spare after all this time would be a great idea - that is, if anyone still has an unbroken one sitting around that they'd like to sell ??

The battery for it is easily replaceable so my main concern with getting one is that it be whole and still works fine.

Though I'd prefer a genuine Astak Ez Reader, I am willing to try other Hanlin/Jinke V3 devices as listed in the wiki here:
ECO Reader, LBook V3 or Bebook.

Please reply or PM with info/price if such a buy is possible ??

Thanks.

Last edited by smallhagrid; 09-21-2020 at 03:36 PM. Reason: need satisfied...for now !!
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:40 AM   #2
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallhagrid View Post
I am still very much adoring my nice old Ezreader and it occurs to me that getting a spare after all this time would be a great idea - that is, if anyone still has an unbroken one sitting around that they'd like to sell ??

The battery for it is easily replaceable so my main concern with getting one is that it be whole and still works fine.

Though I'd prefer a genuine Astak Ez Reader, I am willing to try other Hanlin/Jinke V3 devices as listed in the wiki here:
ECO Reader, LBook V3 or Bebook.

Please reply or PM with info/price if such a buy is possible ??

Thanks.
I've got two of the Astak Pocket Pro EZ Readers 5". Any interest in those?
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2020, 03:05 PM   #3
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Thanks for offering !!
I've sent you a PM...
Old 02-19-2020, 05:57 PM   #4
smallhagrid
Hillbilly

Good fortune thus far, courtesy of Silverraven - for my partner...who will be very grateful !!

For my old eyes the larger model is preferred, so my own quest for a spare remains open, if anyone here has one to pass along ??

Thanks.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:20 PM   #5
smallhagrid
Hillbilly

The smaller reader just arrived today - and it is so tiny & cute !!

Likewise, as I'd thought, that size is just too small for me & my older eyes...so:

If anyone still has the 6" model they'd like to re-home, please holler at me !!

Thanks.
Advert
Old 02-22-2020, 06:53 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
The smaller reader just arrived today - and it is so tiny & cute !!

Likewise, as I'd thought, that size is just too small for me & my older eyes...so:

If anyone still has the 6" model they'd like to re-home, please holler at me !!

Thanks.
Given that you say you have older eyes and need a larger screen, I would suggest you go for a Kobo Libra H2O with a 7" 300DPI screen that also has a front light. You would get more reading enjoyment because the screen is so much easier to read with then the older screen like the Jinke.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 08:18 PM   #7
smallhagrid
Hillbilly

Thanks for your kind & helpful reply JSWolf !!

I can only respond thusly...
Sometimes (rarely ??) in this life we find our desires met with what can only be called a 'perfect fit'.
For this olde guye, that has manifested via a couple of amazing horses (now passed on), the ideal make/model of car - and an ebook reader that has all that I need & does exactly what I want.

The 6" EzReader is all this for me:
Easy to use single-handed;
Has an easily replaceable battery;
Has a full-sized SD card slot;
Does the file formats I require 100%;
Is -not- tied to any source, site, the internet, or need for wifi.

The Kobo Libra H2O looks nifty - but doesn't tick my boxes - and its $170 price means I'd have to ignore the electric bill for a month in winter...a very silly notion here in Vermont !!

Between the end of the Jetbook & the arrival of the EzReader I tried good, used readers, including a Kobo, a Kindle & a couple of others which got re-sold for all the same reasons posted above - and I actually made a little gain thereby which allowed me to get my reader with its perfect fit.

When (years ago) a reader died on me with all its files onboard, I learned the great value of those plain, old cheapo SD cards - as well as the great utility in having the ability to just plug them into the PC to manage the ebook files on them - and those old SD cards are not only a nice form-factor for handling, but they are also incredibly long lasting. (I detest micrSD...it is just too doggone small !!).

A favourite bit of wisdom that I try to abide by:
'Don't fix it if it ain't broke.'

Thanks Again, and Best Wishes.

Last edited by smallhagrid; 02-22-2020 at 08:24 PM. Reason: me olde braine fergits stuff.
Old 02-24-2020, 03:37 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Thanks for your kind & helpful reply JSWolf !!

I can only respond thusly...
Sometimes (rarely ??) in this life we find our desires met with what can only be called a 'perfect fit'.
For this olde guye, that has manifested via a couple of amazing horses (now passed on), the ideal make/model of car - and an ebook reader that has all that I need & does exactly what I want.

The 6" EzReader is all this for me:
Easy to use single-handed;
Has an easily replaceable battery;
Has a full-sized SD card slot;
Does the file formats I require 100%;
Is -not- tied to any source, site, the internet, or need for wifi.

The Kobo Libra H2O looks nifty - but doesn't tick my boxes - and its $170 price means I'd have to ignore the electric bill for a month in winter...a very silly notion here in Vermont !!

Between the end of the Jetbook & the arrival of the EzReader I tried good, used readers, including a Kobo, a Kindle & a couple of others which got re-sold for all the same reasons posted above - and I actually made a little gain thereby which allowed me to get my reader with its perfect fit.

When (years ago) a reader died on me with all its files onboard, I learned the great value of those plain, old cheapo SD cards - as well as the great utility in having the ability to just plug them into the PC to manage the ebook files on them - and those old SD cards are not only a nice form-factor for handling, but they are also incredibly long lasting. (I detest micrSD...it is just too doggone small !!).

A favourite bit of wisdom that I try to abide by:
'Don't fix it if it ain't broke.'

Thanks Again, and Best Wishes.
The Libra H2O is easy to use one handed. I'm using a Kobo Aura H2O one handed and that is heavier. Kobo Readers are not tied to any one store and does not need Internet access. I get ePub from Overdrive. I side load using Calibre. I don't sync. I don't turn on the WiFi.

If you have your eBooks in Calibre, you can use the Reading List plugin to keep track of what's on the device so you won't need a memory card in case of failure.

The screen of the Kobo is much improved and easier to reads with (IMHO).
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:00 AM   #9
smallhagrid
Hillbilly

Thanks again for replying !!
I'm delighted to hear all that good stuff.

Still - as I said before - the spend is WAY outside our budget and will not happen here, even if it went down miraculously to $99, it is still out of our reach.
We is just 2 older folks & an old dog living on 1 small income with long-term illness eating away at part of that.
For us it is all sort of hand-to-mouth & we worry about such things as the car breaking down & having to pay the garage for months afterwards when it needs fixin'.

Aside of that - I haven't used Calibre in many years & detest it, actually;
My hard drive makes a fine backup location all on its own, and it is simplicity itself to copy files onto the SD card as desired via a file manager with no other app of any sort needed.

No biggie for me to wait & hope that someone will come around here, see my post & maybe offer a nice 6" reader like mine so that I'll have one to use if mine finally dies - and then most likely the replacement will outlive me !!

Thanks, and Best Wishes.
Old 09-21-2020, 03:35 PM   #10
smallhagrid
Hillbilly

Closing this 'chapter' (sort of...) for the time being.

My eternal thanks to the very thoughtful & generous member (you know who you are !!) who referred me to a Papyre 6" reader.

It arrived today, packaged very well & in very good shape.

In all ways it is just about identical to the EZReader, except that it seems ~1mm thinner somehow & its base language is French. (But thankfully it arrived already set to english.)

Thus my quest for a spare 'clone' of my wonderful reader is satisfied until/unless something else may happen for that status to change...

Best Wishes to All !!

Tags
astak, eco reader, ez reader, hanlin v3, jinke