Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-10-2017, 11:01 AM   #1
aprendoidiomas
aprendoidiomas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paper
Extracts words highlighted in a ebook kindle

When I am reading I highlight some words.

How can I obtain the list of the words ?

And the list of the notes I create ?

An Utility for this purpose in windows or in the kindle device ?

Best Regards
aprendoidiomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 11:27 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved out of the General Discussion Forum, which is for "General discussions about e-book reading not specific to a device, software or format."

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2017, 11:31 AM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Go to the menu on the kindle and look for highlights, notes or annotations.
Which kindle and you may get a better answer.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 11:36 AM   #4
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
In a browser, go to http://read.amazon.com/notebook to see your notes and highlights.

From there you can copy/paste them if you need to.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 11:51 AM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
In a browser, go to http://read.amazon.com/notebook to see your notes and highlights.

From there you can copy/paste them if you need to.
Should you sync the kindle before doing this?
Advert
Old 09-10-2017, 12:15 PM   #6
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Should you sync the kindle before doing this?
Yes. If the device isn't synced with the Amazon servers, the notes etc. won't show up there.

This also assumes you'll be logged in to the same Amazon account that the device is registered to.

I rarely need this option, but know about it from my years on the Kindle forums over there.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 01:21 PM   #7
aprendoidiomas

I try this afternoon to log in in the forum with not success.

My kindle is second hand device.

I haven't buy anything in amazon and perhaps I can't apply the measure.

Best Regards
Old 09-10-2017, 01:42 PM   #8
aprendoidiomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Go to the menu on the kindle and look for highlights, notes or annotations.
Which kindle and you may get a better answer.
Kindle paperback, second hand.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:44 PM   #9
aprendoidiomas

I have seen revise the option Revise vocabulary.
So the device save the words I look up in the dictionary.

I highlight these words too. So I need to carry these words to the pc to learn with Anki .
Old 09-10-2017, 01:46 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is there a way to do this with side loaded eBooks that were not bought from Amazon or borrowed from Overdrive?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 01:49 PM   #11
aprendoidiomas

I think i am in.
I can't go to the amazon forum , but seems I can enter in my kindle profile.

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

But I see nothing.
So perhaps I have to sync or something.

i don't know what to do.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-10-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:53 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
aprendoidiomas, two things you need to do.

1. You need to edit your post and attach your image or it will be deleted because it's too large.

2. You do need to sync before looking. But, syncing won't matter if it's a book you didn't buy from Amazon or borrow from Overdrive (in Kindle format).
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 02:28 PM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines may be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 05:26 PM   #14
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprendoidiomas View Post
I have seen revise the option Revise vocabulary.
So the device save the words I look up in the dictionary.

I highlight these words too. So I need to carry these words to the pc to learn with Anki .
Did you register your kindle?
I am also guessing you mean paperwhite.

@JSWolf, I am not sure.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:25 AM   #15
aprendoidiomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines may be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Running to see. Thanks