Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 04-10-2007, 02:52 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm eagerly awaiting the results of other peoples' book development. I'm starting to feel in a distinct minority here .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:57 AM   #17
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Heh, more a distinguished minority.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2007, 09:24 AM   #18
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
... or pathbreaking leader and hero!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:37 AM   #19
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah! "Trailblazer" -- that's got a nice ring to it.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:35 PM   #20
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
I'd like to do some as well, but I am on a Mac (non-Intel) and I can't get BD to work in Virtual PC.

I use a great little program called Libriate that makes LRF's for the Mac, but it doesn't have the option to make table of contents. I can make a cover (being a graphic designer, it's my fav part of the process) and nicely formatted text, but little else. Works great for me personally but I know others like the working TOC. Sorry!!

Or how important is the table of contents to people? I can try and post some stuff but it won't have the flair of Harry's excellent books...
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2007, 03:41 PM   #21
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
For most of what I read a TOC is a nice but not required feature. If it is something like Harry's massive Sherlock Holmes Omnibus then it is critical. For my recent post of the first Zorro book it is not needed. If you are posting single books it is a lot like distance signs on a road, it just allows you to know where you are along the path (and the page count at the bottom of the screen also does that.)

For me, please post them. I am sure that the cover art will more than make up for any (very) minor problem that a lack of a TOC may cause.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:46 PM   #22
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Thanks for the feedback. I actually never use the TOC either, but I agree that it's very useful for the bigger books and collections. I was just planning on posting individual books that I have been enjoying, so hopefully the TOC won't be missed. I'll add a disclaimer when I post so people will be aware...

Last edited by tsgreer; 04-10-2007 at 04:18 PM. Reason: clarification
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:17 PM   #23
NatCh
Gizmologist

My 2¢: I can see the usefulness of a TOC for a collection or something complicated, but for most novels, I don't see much point -- I'm going to start at the front and go to the end, and knowing what pages the chapters start on is mostly irrelevant to me until I get to them.

Of course that also changes if I were doing some sort of research or review, but these days I'm not likely to do that at all, let alone trying it in the Reader.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #24
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Wanting to start with some shorter (and easier), I've formatted Trollope's first Barsetshire novel, "The Warden", with the idea of going through them all. I admit to some qualms about sending it in without someone critiquing it to see if it passes muster. Any volunteers? It's not clear, either, how it gets submitted for download.

I did do a TOC for it, mostly for practice; I have doubts about its use for a single novel, mostly because I can't ever remember using a TOC in a printed novel.

I learned a lot, thanks to Harry's tutorial. The tip about unchecking the auto refresh alone has saved me from continuing to pound my head against the wall.

Jim
Strether is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:15 PM   #25
NatCh
Gizmologist

You can always upload a new version, or replace the previous version by editing the post, as you like, Strether.

As for submitting it, basically just start an new thread in this sub-forum:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126

You can look at the existing ones if you'd like an idea of what others have done. It's been suggested (in the interest of being able to find stuff later) that they be posted with the thread titled in the format: Author's Last Name, Author's First Name: Book Title.

I suppose that information would make a good "sticky" at the top of the Sub-Forum.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:40 PM   #26
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
mark twain. 1601 is a gas, mostly unknown but a gas.
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:54 PM   #27
The Alternative
Techno-Junkie
The Alternative doesn't litterThe Alternative doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 (x's 2), PRS-505, PRS-600, iPhone, iPad
No request... no begging... just a heartfelt thank you to everyone working on the eBooks on this site (especially HarryT). I, for one, am thrilled to see these books posted and wait patiently for each new upload. Keep up the great work!
The Alternative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:46 AM   #28
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
It's been suggested (in the interest of being able to find stuff later) that they be posted with the thread titled in the format: Author's Last Name, Author's First Name: Book Title.
Yes, if people do stick to that format for the thread title it makes life a lot easier, especially for titles that people are unfamiliar with!

I'll put together some posting "guidelines" and post it as a sticky thread here.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:43 PM   #29
Anais9000
Connoisseur
Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-500
http://www.babblebooks.com/freebies/..._in_a_Boat.lrf

First in what I hope will be a long series of free ebooks.

More suggestions welcome...
Anais9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:35 PM   #30
GKL
GKL began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Harvard Classics

This is a great effort to which I hope to contribute and get others to do so as well. This is far superior to the method used by Manybooks.

A Suggestion:

On the Harvard Classics, may using the title(s) and author(s) of the works in each volume and rather than the the title and author of Harvard Classics followed by a volume number. If one loads multiple volumes of the HC, he or she ends up with Harvard Classics Vol. __ as the title and Harvard Classics as the author with no real means of knowing what titles are in that volume (other than memory).
GKL is offline   Reply With Quote