Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-07-2020, 08:17 AM   #3181
Name28
Enthusiast
Name28 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo_glo, Kobo_glo_HD
Hello,

I wonder if there is a way to run FTP server on Kobo Glo/HD? I try to explain how I use this method on my phone. On Android smartphone I run ftp server (I set username/pass beforehand), then on PC I add network location of the phone and connect to it. It is displayed the same as windows folders. Very convenient when I want to copy to/from my phone.
I tried to use SSH server on Kobo Glo, but couldn't connect via putty. Putty keep asking login name and pass, even when I set to connect without password... Access denied.
Also tried SendToEbook, it did not work with my phone, do not know why.

Could you please tell if there is an easy wireless way to connect reader from PC? I usually download fb2 on my PC end then copy it to device. Not very convenient to do it via cable, after found out the method with FTP server

Thank you for you work.
Name28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 10:23 AM   #3182
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Name28 View Post
Hello,

I wonder if there is a way to run FTP server on Kobo Glo/HD? I try to explain how I use this method on my phone. On Android smartphone I run ftp server (I set username/pass beforehand), then on PC I add network location of the phone and connect to it. It is displayed the same as windows folders. Very convenient when I want to copy to/from my phone.
I tried to use SSH server on Kobo Glo, but couldn't connect via putty. Putty keep asking login name and pass, even when I set to connect without password... Access denied.
Also tried SendToEbook, it did not work with my phone, do not know why.

Could you please tell if there is an easy wireless way to connect reader from PC? I usually download fb2 on my PC end then copy it to device. Not very convenient to do it via cable, after found out the method with FTP server

Thank you for you work.

Yeah, the application SendToEbook doesn't work. I'm not sure if it worked sometime in the past. The app acts like a FTP server, while the plugin in KOReader acts as a FTP client. You can use another FTP server on your phone and retrieve contents using that plugin.

About ssh auth, setup shared keys or a new root password and you'll be able to use it. I would suggest WinSCP instead of Putty, but both should work fine.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 12:37 AM   #3183
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
I'm posting this here as well, see my other post at the one-click thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=341 although one question is Nickel-related: I like to have my home screen blank except for the KoReader symbol. In my old reader I could get rid of the Kobo ads or recommendations by long press-remove. Not anymore.

Second question. I want to decrease the KoReader's menu fonts for new 7,8" Kobo Aura One ltd. ed. reader
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 04:58 AM   #3184
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
You can set a lower DPI in settings (gear) → Screen → Screen DPI. The Aura One is at 300, so you're probably looking for some value in between 240 (80%) and 270 (90%).
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 12:12 PM   #3185
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
As far as the first question, it's been a few years since the tile layout has come and gone in Nickel .

There's a patch to remove the bottom row, but there's no silver bullet to "pin" specific stuff on the homescreen.

In KOReader's case, the point is pretty much moot now, though, since you can have it in the Main menu via NickelMenu (bundled w/ the OCP), which I'd say is even better than a pinned book.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:38 PM   #3186
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

This new reader is perfect for my beloved pdf's from archive.org (cleaned up with ScanTailor). I've set the dpi to 240, much better now. So, NiLuJe, I guess I'll have to live with that ugly Kobo Shop publicity on my Nickel home screen
Old 06-04-2020, 02:40 PM   #3187
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As I said, there's a patch to drop that row in the default kobopatch set.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:47 AM   #3188
serdar0020
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
As I said, there's a patch to drop that row in the default kobopatch set.
can you please be more specific, something like a step by step tutorial for me?
Old 06-05-2020, 11:51 AM   #3189
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Check out the Kobopatch thread dedicated to the latest firmware release in the Kobo dev forum.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:16 AM   #3190
serdar0020
Zealot

I got rid of row 3 with the kobopatch.yaml version from the user DNSB https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=12 but not of the row above it with the recommendations
Old 06-06-2020, 05:38 AM   #3191
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar0020 View Post
I got rid of row 3 with the kobopatch.yaml version from the user DNSB https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=12 but not of the row above it with the recommendations
Enable parental control and you're good to go. You'll lose access to Kobo store and Pocket articles but you'll end with a empty home
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 10:39 AM   #3192
serdar0020
Zealot

Enabling parental control did the trick, thanks a lot. My reader is continually offline anyway. (all those Kobo patches were really of no use to me, they seem to be related to the nickel reader which I don't use)
Old 07-01-2020, 07:36 PM   #3193
mirage
Zealot
mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 6 phone, Kobo Clara HD, Libra H2O
I recently read a book in version 2020.06 of KOReader on a Libra H2O. Somehow, I configured it so that there were both the upper and lower status bars. The upper bar displayed the author name and book title on the left side, current page/total pages on the right. The lower bar displayed what I indicated in the status bar settings via the upper menu. In the lower menu, Alt Status Bar was set to on.

Now, I've started another book. But I can't configure KOReader to give me both status bars at the same time. I've searched through the menus repeatedly looking for a way to do this. At least I'm learning more and more about KOReader. If I have Alt Status Bar from the lower menu toggled on, the status bar appears on the top of the display with nothing on bottom. If I have Alt Status Bar off, the status bar is on bottom with nothing on top. But I don't see anything in the upper menu that would let me display the upper status bar.

What am I missing here?
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 03:41 AM   #3194
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
There's an alt status bar setting in the right-most tab of the bottom menu. (Long-press to make default.) But it depends on crengine, so it won't work in other file formats like PDF, DjVu and CBZ.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:21 AM   #3195
guissmo
guissmo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Kobo Clara HD treats some PNGs as books after installing KOReader

When I installed KOReader on my Kobo Clara HD yesterday, using the "one-click" install, I suddenly gained 50+ "books", most of them seemingly PNG images with filenames like "align", etc. I think some of them are icons from the GUI of KOReader.

Is there any way to not have this clutter?

I have since "uninstalled" KOReader and the images disappeared.
guissmo is offline   Reply With Quote