Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Funny screensaver coincidence

I finished a book, deleted it and opened an Agatha Christie novel I had recently downloaded. I read a bit, and then put it to sleep. Guess what screensaver then appeared?

Of course, Agatha Christie.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:55 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The omens are appearing .....

RUN!!!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2009, 12:25 PM   #3
InlawBiker
Connoisseur
InlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1.0
The same thing happened to me, same author too. Maybe the Kindle is paying attention to what we're reading..... I finished 1984 the other day, if Big Brother appears on my Kindle I might freak out.
InlawBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by InlawBiker View Post
The same thing happened to me, same author too. Maybe the Kindle is paying attention to what we're reading..... I finished 1984 the other day, if Big Brother appears on my Kindle I might freak out.

I'm on pain killers and that just gave me the giggles
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I'm on pain killers and that just gave me the giggles
Me too, and I'm not on any drug stronger than aspirin.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #6
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
buy a lotto ticket
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:58 PM   #7
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
That's pretty hilarious, really, and who knows, maybe one day Amazon will actually use that as a certain form of advertising.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote