Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-20-2024, 04:15 PM   #1
computeq
computeq began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper White
Another Email issue with Amazon Kindle

Hello,

I know people are going to start off by saying there are many other topics about this but ive not seen a decisive conclusion . Is this no longer possible even with epub format?

I can successfully send an epub directly from my outlook address but when ever i try and send it from Calibre even with the same outlook email address i never get any response back nor does the book show up on my kindle ever.
computeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 09:22 PM   #2
_kind_le
Enthusiast
_kind_le began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 11th gen.
I was using Calibre's email feature to send "News" to my Kindle. As usual it was working fine. Just make sure the setting you are using for smtp are good and server can accept them. Try to test it - go to "Preferences" -> "Sharing books by email" and press "Add email" in order to add some other real email you have access to (which you can check so you don't need to sent test email to amazon's user@kindle.com). Then select this new email in the list and press "Test email" button. If all good and you received your test email - Calibre is configured fine, if Calibre rises an error - it's something you need to resolve (depends on the error).
_kind_le is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert