Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
mpooley
mpooley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle & Asus Transformer
Where are my Calibre Libraries stored?

I'm sure this must have been asked before But I couldn't find any threads!

I have a couple of libraries in Calibre which I set up last year But I now want to add some more books to them and at the same time tidy up my Disk Drive as I have just bought a new one.

The trouble is I have not been very organised in the past and have books and backups all over the place and I would like to get them all into the one location.

I assume I have used one or two of these folders to make my calibre libraries but I cannot find out which ones?

Can anyone help me please.

Mike
mpooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I fudge
select a book: Tap 'O'
When the file browser opens, you will see that location is 2 folder levels inside (?\Library\Author\title)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
mpooley

Wow ! Thanks a lot so easy but so hard to find
Old 10-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

another way
Using the O/S: search for metadata.db That is a Library folder:
*the author name inside might give you a clue as to which (assumes you have more than one) Library.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #5
mpooley

Thanks
I have now found that my two libraries are on different drives, Is there any easy way of getting them both in the same places?
Advert
Old 10-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpooley View Post
Thanks
I have now found that my two libraries are on different drives, Is there any easy way of getting them both in the same places?
Do you wish to combine or just move to the same drive (but keep separate)?
Old 10-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Not exactly the same, but close enough for government work:

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....ter-to-another
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:34 AM   #8
mpooley

Thanks
That didn't work as I am only changing from one hard drive to another but I did get it work in the end.
I tried moving the library to its new position then I tried opening it in calibre and it gave me the option of looking for it as it was no longer where it expected. so I entered new address but it kept coming back with an error.

So it also gave me the option of forgetting the library which I did then I added it back at the new address.
I was a bit worried that it would forget all the metadata but it seems to have worked OK

I now have a bit more understanding of how Calibre works

Thanks again

Old 10-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpooley View Post
Thanks
That didn't work as I am only changing from one hard drive to another but I did get it work in the end.
I tried moving the library to its new position then I tried opening it in calibre and it gave me the option of looking for it as it was no longer where it expected. so I entered new address but it kept coming back with an error.

So it also gave me the option of forgetting the library which I did then I added it back at the new address.
I was a bit worried that it would forget all the metadata but it seems to have worked OK

I now have a bit more understanding of how Calibre works

Thanks again

The secret: metadata.db and its location with respect to the other folders. The containing folder is the Library NAME.
The path to it is immaterial to Calibre except it can trip-up OS limits on FULL pathnames ( Keep Libraries near the drive root and with short names)