Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #16
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
You guys do realize that the people who really get the shaft is the ebook consumer. The proposal basically allows the government to regulate the online media industry. If it goes through, we will see a lot less innovation and choice in these areas.
Translation: It allows the government to prevent innovation- crushing anti-competitive practices.

See, that's where laissez-faire capitalism has a history of failure. By rendering the government unable to protect the consumer and innovator, it creates several races to the bottom. Quality, customer service, corporate transparency, and ultimately the workers' standard of living all suffer.

And in case a certain guy jumps in, I'm not criticizing all of capitalism. Just one specific implementation.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:53 AM   #17
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I thought the lack of competition inherent in the agency contract was key to the guilty finding. I didn't realize agency agreements were okay except in current form, which includes a MFN provision.
It was conspiring to do it all at the same time.

I hate Agency pricing, but if I remember correctly, the publishers who settled out of court could go back to Agency pricing after 2 years...and I believe we're half-way there.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert