Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 08:48 AM   #1
Arainais
Arainais began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Could Calibre pull metadate info from Goodreads?

When I am editing books in Calibre, a lot of time I can't find covers when searching for metadata. Generally, I end up going to www.goodreads.com and taking a cover from there. I know Calibre is pulling info from Amazon now, so would it be possible for Calibre to pull info from Goodreads as well? Also would it be possible to preview covers before adding them? I know there's a checkbox that shows if a cover is present with that metadata, but what if instead of a checkmark there was a thumbnail of the cover? I don't know if any of that's possible, but I'm going to throw it out there as a wishlist item. =)
Arainais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
hedwig
Book Worm
hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPod Touch 5
I would like to second the idea of pulling metadata from Goodreads. Its a great source of information and has an especially wide range of covers.
hedwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert