Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-26-2017, 07:03 PM   #31141
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
We're getting our first snow of the season today. C'mon up for a visit!
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:06 AM   #31142
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
On the 25th I had to wear a jacket for the first time. We just came off a string of days that hit the 80s (F). It's too warm.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2017, 01:53 PM   #31143
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
The weather is bonkers. Let's have 88 as a high and 60 as a low.
Yup, that's about normal here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
How am I supposed to dress?
Aloha attire?
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:57 PM   #31144
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We have two seasons her; summer and almost summer.

I do miss the fall though, September in Wisconsin. Just after the trees start turning.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:06 PM   #31145
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
We have two seasons her; summer and almost summer.

I do miss the fall though, September in Wisconsin. Just after the trees start turning.
You can watch the Plumeria shed their leaves. . .
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2017, 02:35 PM   #31146
wodin
Illiterate

Yes, and the shower trees littering the lawn.

Being a Wisconsin native and having spent my first couple of decades there, I've since asserted that there are about two weeks per year there that the weather is bearable. There's about a week in April, and another in mid September. The other 50 weeks are either too hot or too cold.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:20 AM   #31147
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

We're being AUDITED.

FFS, NOW WHAT? It's not bad enough that we've been through the wringer, vis-a-vis the medical stuff for Mr. H, AND had a so-called "mini-audit," in 2014 (I screwed up and double-counted a tax withholding on a withdrawal from an IRA account, but it wasn't a huge mistake, and easily demonstrated to BE an honest mistake); oh, noooooooooooooooo, that's not enough to weigh me down, squash my spirit, and just make my life a living hell. Nope, I'm going to be one of the lucky few, chosen allegedly AT RANDOM, for an audit.

GOSH, THANKS, IRS.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:32 AM   #31148
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Oh no Hitch. We had something like that happened when a scammer charged off $3000 in 2014. We tried to fight it but lost. We now are paying IRS every month till return time when we can pay it off. The interest and penalties are ridiculous and had to pay an agreement fee. It's going up not down in balance.

Stay strong.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:36 PM   #31149
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Oh no Hitch. We had something like that happened when a scammer charged off $3000 in 2014. We tried to fight it but lost. We now are paying IRS every month till return time when we can pay it off. The interest and penalties are ridiculous and had to pay an agreement fee. It's going up not down in balance.

Stay strong.

Sent from my XT1528
The thing is, I'm lucky--I'm good at a lot of things. I've been able to figure out how to do a lot of stuff, in my life, and turned my hand to it, earned a living, etc. But ya know, the daily accounting around here is NOT ONE OF THOSE THINGS. Jan-Feb-Mar-April is always hell for me, trying to get my s**t together for the returns, and...man. I'm just so frustrated. I just don't cheat on my taxes--it's not worth the agita, you know?--but you guys will (kinda) recall, 2014-2015 were crazy, crazy years for us, with his heart attack and then the cancer, the tens of thousand of $$$ that we had to pony up for the $30K/annum medical insurance (having NOTHING to do with our health, mind you--just where we live, our ages, and what insurance is available--ONE PLAN..I can't get started in this thread, but....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....), plus what medical ins. doesn't cover--the world's most expensive deductibles and OOPs...and all that $$$ scrambling, etc., and NOW THIS.

IDK what the rules are, for them to do these "random audits." But they can damn sure see that we had all those extraordinary expenses and all that. It simply feels like--well, what I said. NOW WHAT? What, it's appropriate to harangue and harass people who've already been stomped on by the Fates?

(SIGH).

@Blossom: you're paying on something a scammer did? That seems utterly bizarre!!! (This is the kind of stuff that worries me. Not what I did, or what I declared, etc.--what sort of weird s**t could come down out of nowhere and bite me in the @$$.)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:55 PM   #31150
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Hitch we are. A junk buyer bought a erroneous account from somewhere and charged off $3000 on their taxes. They sent us a 1099-c months after tax season. Tried to tell them it's not my husband. His name is a common name. They refused to do anything. Fast forward 2016 we get a letter from the IRS so send letters, fill out forms and get nothing accomplished. The reply is the same. You have to get the scammer to amend their return.

So get this Hitch. Instead of asking the scammer proof that we really owed this money. The IRS expects us to show proof we don't. After battling with them earlier this year they said pay up. So we set up a payment agreement. It would be too expensive for a lawyer not like we can afford one. We can't even afford rent and now I'm getting $800 medical bill in the mail. I just had the Catholic church pay my electric and my mother in law paid my internet as a birthday gift.
Hubby just started this job two weeks ago and makes $300 net a week.

So I know how you feel. It's like you get up only to be pushed down again.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 06:03 PM   #31151
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
This is a freaking disaster. After 6 PM and not a single trick-or-treater. I never get many and I always overbuy the candy because I'd hate to run out, but none?

I suppose that the issue is its having been rescheduled from last night (people here are weird), when it was postponed because of widespread power outages and road closures from the wind storm the night before. A lot of people still don't have power (got mine back!) and I bet a lot of the kids are going to parties tonight, scheduled when it was thought they'd be trick or treating last night.

Whatever the reason, that doesn't solve my candy problem. Anyone who shows up from now on will do very well indeed. Worth the trip, folks! Because what is left will be eaten, alas.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 06:26 PM   #31152
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
This is a freaking disaster. After 6 PM and not a single trick-or-treater. I never get many and I always overbuy the candy because I'd hate to run out, but none?

I suppose that the issue is its having been rescheduled from last night (people here are weird), when it was postponed because of widespread power outages and road closures from the wind storm the night before. A lot of people still don't have power (got mine back!) and I bet a lot of the kids are going to parties tonight, scheduled when it was thought they'd be trick or treating last night.

Whatever the reason, that doesn't solve my candy problem. Anyone who shows up from now on will do very well indeed. Worth the trip, folks! Because what is left will be eaten, alas.
What hours do they use in your area? It's 6-8 PM in mine, so someone not yet there at 6:03 wouldn't be a disaster...yet.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 06:39 PM   #31153
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
What hours do they use in your area? It's 6-8 PM in mine, so someone not yet there at 6:03 wouldn't be a disaster...yet.
It's 5 - 7:30 here; it gets dark a lot earlier this much farther east.

I've had one kid. I don't think his parents appreciated how much candy I loaded him up with.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:35 PM   #31154
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
It's 5 - 7:30 here; it gets dark a lot earlier this much farther east.

I've had one kid. I don't think his parents appreciated how much candy I loaded him up with.
Here the kids do the mall from 6 to 8.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:37 PM   #31155
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Small herds of thudding feet were heard on the porch whilst watching Jeopardy. We leave a box of candy on the porch - you really don't want to answer the door after dark in Durham .... even in the nice neighborhoods ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness