Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-27-2017, 08:01 AM   #1
Hop-frog
Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hop-frog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanvon N510Ⅱ
How to properly number books in a series in Calibre for a Sony PRS-505?

I have a Sony PRS-505 and am using Calibre to prepare the metadata. I am importing the files using regular expressions. The format is: <date> - <publisher> - <author> - <series> - <title> - <chapter>.pdf. But Calibre cannot accept a value for "chapter".

Most of the books are comic books, but since these files are too large, I split them by chapter, which makes them easier to read. So each chapter is a separate file. This means though that the titles are identical, e.g.:

- InuYasha
- InuYasha
- InuYasha

I need to set the metadata such that each of these are distinguishable. I don't want them to all appear with the same title. The number needs to appear.

If I set the <series_index> to 1, 2, 3, etc. for each chapter, will this be visible in the PRS-505? Or must I add the numbering data to the <title> itself?
Hop-frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:10 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE, Clara HD
In this case, I think I would set the title of each book as "InuYasha - Chapter 1". This isn't the same as removing the series from the title as this is an artificial split that needs to be kept together.

I'm not sure I would use the series, just stick with the title. But, if the book was part of a series, I would use a decimal for each chapter. So if the book was book 1 of a series, the chapters would be 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc.

If you only use the series, then you should use metadata plugboard to set the title when sending it to the device. The calibre forum has some good examples to use.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote