Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #301
Tom.P
Tom.P might easily be mistaken for a TexanTom.P might easily be mistaken for a TexanTom.P might easily be mistaken for a TexanTom.P might easily be mistaken for a TexanTom.P might easily be mistaken for a TexanTom.P might easily be mistaken for a TexanTom.P might easily be mistaken for a TexanTom.P might easily be mistaken for a TexanTom.P might easily be mistaken for a TexanTom.P might easily be mistaken for a TexanTom.P might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
When reading on "fit width" mode, please add possibility to scroll page only by half or so, becouse when you have some text as image or some other images and tables, its uncomfortable to to click and see other half of image. It would be nice to be able to set percentage of page move.
Tom.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #302
Tom.P
Tom.P might easily be mistaken for a TexanTom.P might easily be mistaken for a TexanTom.P might easily be mistaken for a TexanTom.P might easily be mistaken for a TexanTom.P might easily be mistaken for a TexanTom.P might easily be mistaken for a TexanTom.P might easily be mistaken for a TexanTom.P might easily be mistaken for a TexanTom.P might easily be mistaken for a TexanTom.P might easily be mistaken for a TexanTom.P might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Next thing, which is rather bug i think, when you open web browser, favourite pages, it is not possible to add more favourites than those, that can fit on screen. If it's hard to do some scrolling trough favourites, add possibility to add folders or so. Next I would like to edit favourite page name at last.
Advert
Old 10-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #303
Tom.P

And one more thing from me, please add possibility to hide some folders in Library (especially "applications" folder)
Old 10-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #304
sukulankur
sukulankur began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 622 Touch
Hallo guys. I would really love someway to easily send Internet articles well-formatted to my Pocketbook Touch. Something like "Send to Kindle" function...or the pocketbook integration.

Any chance of this being possible?
sukulankur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #305
Hyron
Hyron began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 902
logo screen

I was wondering, if you could design a poweroff logo, which could be updated after every shutdown for e-ink devices? Ie. to include there some system info, like remaining battery, last activation, free internal memory? This could stay on screen after poweroff, and then I would know, If I need to recharge the device before next use, should I load my books on sd card or to device etc. I know that text to bitmap conversion is possible in C# - text only logo screen is an acceptable option, of course a picture with changable text areas would be even better. I hope it can gather 5 votes!
Hyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #306
BodoBiker
BodoBiker began at the beginning.

Device: PB 622
Thumbs up File Transfer using WLAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by porga View Post
And one thing is a must (as far as I can see):

Enable possibility for SMB network share, so files can be transferred to PB using WLAN.
This is much better option than constantly plugging USB or removing SD card (to prevent warning out connectors).
YES! This feature is really needed. My suggestion is somthing like Altap Salamder (Win) or Ghost Commander (Android). I'm using PB 622
BodoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #307
Dokumentleser
Dokumentleser began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook pro 912
Thumbs up Vote: Open PDF from a HTML file would really great

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Blue sky time!

5- Ability to open ebooks (epub, prc, whatever) from inside an HTML document. No need to return to the launching HTML doc required, though it would be nice. The purpose? Well, for starters, one could create an Author Bibliography doc and open ebooks from inside it.

6- Ability to link an info file (with a hide attribute) to a folder/ebook in the bookshelf. (see above) Combined with a new Bookshelf mode that displays the info instead of the thumbnail when the file is highlighted it could be used for book summaries, ratings.

Basically, the Pocketbook environment isn't just an electronic ebook reader, it's an electronic *library*. The file management features are great (and better than most competitors) but it would be nice if we could move from file management (so '80's!) to *document* management, which requires using the ebook's metadata.

Anybody agree with that last statement as a *goal*?
(Yeah, I know; its not a computer and I'm not asking that the bookshelf become a database; just for a way to manage the ebooks using metadata, not just file attributes. A PC-based app that creates hidden info files might do the trick.)

Just throwing ideas out okay?
But better dictionary support is a must.

And LIT suport? Pretty please?
Open PDF from a HTML file would really great and would enhance usability of PB912 in real world legal and technical setting.

All votes for this!

Using the Metadata more helpful to.

Vote for this too.
Dokumentleser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #308
Tom.P

One of useful feature could be possibility to lock only touchscreen. What do you think? Would it be useful to you too?
Old 12-23-2013, 04:59 AM   #309
lassen_wir_das
lassen_wir_das began at the beginning.

Device: Touch Lux
Please forgive that I did not read all 20 pages. In case some of the features mentioned are already on the board, just count it as a vote:

1. An "hourglass" that informs me if the reader is unavailable for further commands (the LED is not bright enough to be informative during the day)

2. Deactivation of the browsing/pageflipping touchscreen-functions while in the "notes"-mode. (For me relevant with .pdfs)

3. A lightweight text/notes editor asides from notes applied to books.
3a. A smarter keyboard, especially a "one capitalized letter"-Shift-Key (as I write mostly
in German, I need various single capital letters per sentence)

4. Some language training application (I found in some outdated list a hint that there already was one? However, I did not find a version suited for my 623.)

5. The mp3-player should remember it's last position in an audio file after closing it or shutting down the device, like the textreader does.
lassen_wir_das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:35 AM   #310
kerravonsen
kerravonsen began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Neo, Pocketbook 623 Touch Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
5- Ability to open ebooks (epub, prc, whatever) from inside an HTML document. No need to return to the launching HTML doc required, though it would be nice. The purpose? Well, for starters, one could create an Author Bibliography doc and open ebooks from inside it.
Oh yes PLEASE! Please please please. I want to be able to set up my own HTML pages which I can then use to navigate my collection. I could do this on my old Bebook Neo (aka Onyx Boox), and I miss it so much.
kerravonsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:38 AM   #311
Dokumentleser
Dokumentleser began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook pro 912
vote for support of link from HTML to 'PDF, epub etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerravonsen View Post
Oh yes PLEASE! Please please please. I want to be able to set up my own HTML pages which I can then use to navigate my collection. I could do this on my old Bebook Neo (aka Onyx Boox), and I miss it so much.
Please too!! But add PDF.
There are so many HTML-Site around which abstract documents and link to the PDF-Dokuments. Getting a offline version of such Informationpackages is easy, but links to local files are not supported by Pocketbook, until now.

I have a 912 Pocketbook. An wait so long to unleash its full potential!
Any way I ask for it long ago. Please add it. I

Please!
Dokumentreader
Dokumentleser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:43 PM   #312
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.P View Post
And one more thing from me, please add possibility to hide some folders in Library (especially "applications" folder)
Yes, I agree with this one
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:52 PM   #313
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
I have a new 632. Would like 2 features returned that were on my PB302.

1. allow swiping to properly change pages. Taps work fine. Swiping does not. Also be nice to alter the touch areas on the screen (to change what area moves forward, etc).

2. allow making a Folder a Favourite. Currently you can only mark a file as a Favorite. This means I cannot mark an Author as a Favourite.
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:03 AM   #314
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
kgn, I don'nt think that this thread gets any attention by Pocketbook (anymore).

The most useful moderations for the Pocketbook 623 are the themes made by SIRSTEINER,
You will find them in the German subforum:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=214445

(Please come back here or ask there for translations if language is a problem.)
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:25 AM   #315
alex_kraft
PB service
alex_kraft began at the beginning.

Device: all PocketBooks :)
Emm hi everyone. I'm from the main office of PocketBook (service dep), found this forum. And from now on i'll promise that everything written here will be discussed. But as a sugestion, with the problems that you have encountered, you should address to the nearest service centers.

But I'll check new topics and try to reply as soon as possible
alex_kraft is offline   Reply With Quote