Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #16
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
@gbm
using the short form has to be done correctly (precisely on many fussy devices ). lack of whitespace, punctuation marks in the wrong place are a few I have messed up (many of the same type mess ups done anywhere in the CSS) Validate your CSS at W3C
Side loaded ms lit conversion to nook straight from calibre. NOTE: was not using publisher defaults.
Works in ADE.
Quote:
W3C CSS Validator results for TextArea (CSS level 2.1)
Congratulations! No Error Found.
bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #17
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Either version of setting margins is perfectly acceptable standard html. I highly doubt that the Nook has problems with standard html code. Exactly why do you think there is a problem?
Adding a line between each paragraph.

bernie
Old 10-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Adding a line between each paragraph.

bernie
Is the a <p>nbsp</p> line?
the text ending in a <br /> line?
Or just a margin-top or margin-bottom type line?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #19
gbm
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Is the a <p>nbsp</p> line?
the text ending in a <br /> line?
Or just a margin-top or margin-bottom type line?
The are no <p>nbsp</p> lines , and all the text ending i a <br /> displays correctly.

Wheb I edit the css from:
Code:
{
    display: block;
    text-indent: 2em;
    margin: 0
}
to:
Code:
    {
    margin-bottom: 0;
    margin-left: 0;
    margin-right: 0;
    margin-top: 0
}
the text displays on the nook correct.

Will do more tests later, no time right now.

bernie

When you use publisher defaults displays correct, only when you turn off the publisher defaults that it is not liking the short form. This is a bug in the B&N css overlay. Anybody know where/how to report a bug to B&N? Of course with their track record it will never be fixed.

Last edited by gbm; 10-06-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Talking

Quote:
The are no <p>nbsp</p> lines , and all the text ending i a <br /> displays correctly.

Wheb I edit the css from:
Code:
{
    margin: 0
}
to:
Code:
    {
    margin-bottom: 0;
    margin-left: 0;
    margin-right: 0;
    margin-top: 0
}
the text displays on the nook correct.

Will do more tests later, no time right now.

bernie

When you use publisher defaults displays correct, only when you turn off the publisher defaults that it is not liking the short form. This is a bug in the B&N css overlay. Anybody know where/how to report a bug to B&N? Of course with their track record it will never be fixed.
Bad Nook !
Bad - Bad Nook;
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:48 AM   #21
Scott Nielsen
Groupie
Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: iPad, K3, K4, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
Just received a notice that the ability to choose separate margin properties will be in this Friday's Calibre release. Thank you, Kovid!
Where/how do I do this? I'm on 1.7 now and I checked Common and Output Options and Tweaks but didn't see anything. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.
Scott Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:09 AM   #22
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Nielsen View Post
Where/how do I do this? I'm on 1.7 now and I checked Common and Output Options and Tweaks but didn't see anything. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.
The option is called Expand CSS, check the box and you should be set.

Quote:
Release: 1.6 [11 Oct, 2013]

New Features
  • Conversion: Add an option to not condense CSS rules for margin, padding, border, etc. Option is under the Look & Feel section of the conversion dialog. Closes tickets: 1233220

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-19-2013 at 04:12 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:31 AM   #23
Scott Nielsen
Groupie
Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: iPad, K3, K4, T1
Many thanks.
Scott Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #24
gbm
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Nielsen View Post
Look under "Look and Feel" :
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2013-10-19 09:36:41.png
Views:	294
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	113664

Off to
bernie
Old 10-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #25
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Look under "Look and Feel" :
Attachment 113664

Off to
bernie
Thanks for taking the time create an image and support the community.

One small error "Expand CSS" is actually under the Look & Feel section of the conversion dialog as stated above in my post. The Look and Feel area of preferences is under the Interface section of preferences.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lookandfeel.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	113665  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote