Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-14-2018, 12:24 AM   #1
J_Watson
J_Watson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 7th Gen, WP63GW
Jailbreak for Kindle 7th Gen?

Hi, I'm new here and I've been looking for a way to Jailbreak my Kindle 7th Gen, model number: WP63GW, https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle.../dp/B00I15SB16, is there a way to do this? I'm running version 5.8.11, any help would be appreciated
J_Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:57 AM   #2
02xda2
moddedmad
02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hey Watson,

Welcome to MobileRead

There's a search option for your requirement which might lead to this or this, pick whichever is easier/applicable OR search again.
02xda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2018, 02:48 AM   #3
ddmond
ddmond began at the beginning.

Device: kobo 905c
seems like only option for you is to do a serial jailbreak
a usb-serial adapter with 1.8v support will do the job

link
ddmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:53 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Watson View Post
Hi, I'm new here and I've been looking for a way to Jailbreak my Kindle 7th Gen, model number: WP63GW, https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle-6-Inch-Previous-Generation-7th/dp/B00I15SB16, is there a way to do this? I'm running version 5.8.11, any help would be appreciated
use the first six characters of the device's serial number and this table:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
to discover the model's nickname as used here.

You, and anyone giving you answers, needs that information with every question.
Why?
1) "generation" terminology varies with region of the world, it is a marketing term.
2) there is more than one "7th generation" model Kindle and there are special exceptions for one of those models.

So in answer to your question:
Maybe.
Post your model's nickname and current firmware version for a specific answer.

PS: Keep it from updating. Airplane mode and/or keep it away from the Internet.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:41 PM   #5
J_Watson
J_Watson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 7th Gen, WP63GW
The serial number prefix is 90DD, it's a Kindle Basic (2014) (Australia). Thanks for the help everyone, I'll have a go at the serial method of jailbreaking
J_Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2018, 08:30 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Watson View Post
The serial number prefix is 90DD, it's a Kindle Basic (2014) (Australia). Thanks for the help everyone, I'll have a go at the serial method of jailbreaking
Using the serial port is your only choice with the device and current firmware you reported.

The KT2 is not one of the special exceptions.
(KT2 <-- That is its nickname, not the marketing name "Kindle Basic")

The master index uses that nickname.
The post prefix filter uses that nickname.
The packages with the update_*.bin name pattern are (almost) all 'model locked'. The locking codes use the 90DD <=> KT2 relationship in both the package and the package generator (KindleTool).

So keep that nickname in mind when looking for add-ins, answers, or information on this site.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 7, kindle jailbreak