Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-15-2016, 02:49 PM   #61
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Can you post the problem ebook? Can you successfully edit or convert the ebook with calibre?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:33 PM   #62
readin
Enthusiast
readin is on a distinguished road

Device: calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Can you post the problem ebook? Can you successfully edit or convert the ebook with calibre?
I've attached one of the ebooks that failed. I was able to convert it to PDF using calibre's built-in conversion. I was also able to convert it to HTMLZ, and then run the Prince desktop app to convert the HTML file to PDF.
readin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2016, 09:46 PM   #63
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Dear Jellby,

The Configure window height is always longer than the screen size, so I can't click OK button.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:00 PM   #64
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
The Configure window height is always longer than the screen size, so I can't click OK button.
What OS? See the previous post for someone having the same problem with Windows 10. I can't reproduce it in Linux, and I have no idea how to fix it.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:20 PM   #65
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by readin View Post
I've attached one of the ebooks that failed.
If you open it with the calibre editor (Edit book) and run a check (ladybug button, F7), it will give you a buch of "Filename contains unsafe characters" warnings.

If you click on "Try to correct all fixable errors automatically" on the report panel, and save the result, it converts successfully.
Advert
Old 07-04-2016, 12:58 PM   #66
readin
Enthusiast
readin is on a distinguished road

Device: calibre
Quote:
If you open it with the calibre editor (Edit book) and run a check (ladybug button, F7), it will give you a buch of "Filename contains unsafe characters" warnings.

If you click on "Try to correct all fixable errors automatically" on the report panel, and save the result, it converts successfully.
Yes, this worked! Thanks very much

calibre 2.61 [64bit] on Windows 10 Pro
readin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:30 PM   #67
iDron
Banned
iDron began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi Jellby! Your plugin is good, but I have problem with pictures after convert AZW3 in PDF. Converted PDF files have no full sizes of images (1st picture). Here how must to be correct (2nd picture).

How to fix this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	152536   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	152537  

Last edited by iDron; 10-22-2016 at 10:21 PM.
iDron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 02:47 AM   #68
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

I can't say without seeing the code, it's probably something in how the size is specified.

How did you get the "correct" picture? If it's from a reader, it could be that the reader is forcing the image to fit in the page, regardless of the specified size...
Old 10-23-2016, 03:32 AM   #69
iDron
Banned

Quote:
I can't say without seeing the code, it's probably something in how the size is specified.

How did you get the "correct" picture? If it's from a reader, it could be that the reader is forcing the image to fit in the page, regardless of the specified size...
I resolve this problem with next code (1st picture):
Quote:
body {
prince-image-resolution: 166dpi;
hyphens: auto;
}
I have error message when want convert AZW3 file in PDF (2nd picture):
Quote:
prince: loading document: C:\Program Files (x86)\Prince\engine\license\license.dat
prince: Loading document...
prince: loading HTML5 input: text/part0000.html
prince: loading document: text/part0000.html
prince: Applying style sheets...
prince: loading style sheet: C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Temp/calibre_oyystz/od_htm
prince: loading style sheet: styles/0001.css
prince: Preparing document...
prince: loading image: images/00001.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00002.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00003.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00004.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00005.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00006.gif
prince: loading image: images/00007.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00008.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00009.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00010.gif
prince: loading image: images/00011.gif
prince: loading image: images/00012.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00013.gif
prince: loading image: images/00014.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00015.gif
prince: loading image: images/00016.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00017.gif
prince: loading image: images/00018.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00019.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00020.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00021.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00022.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00023.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00024.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00025.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00026.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00027.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00028.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00029.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00030.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00031.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00032.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00033.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00034.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00035.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00036.gif
prince: loading image: images/00037.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00038.jpeg
prince: loading image: images/00039.gif
prince: Converting document...
prince: used font: Times New Roman, Bold
prince: used font: Times New Roman, Regular
prince: loading hyphenation patterns: C:\Program Files (x86)\Prince\engine\style\..\hyph\hyph-en-us.pat
prince: Resolving cross-references...
prince: loading hyphenation patterns: C:\Program Files (x86)\Prince\engine\style\..\hyph\hyph-en-us.pat
prince: PhiAmy\Photoshop_ Absolute Beginners Guide - 15 Ultimate Tips Yootoshop for Beginners, Digital Photography, Photoshop CC)\Photoshop_ Absolute Beginners Guide - 15 Ultimate Tips You Musr Beginners, Digital Photography, Photoshop CC) - Amy Phillips.pdf: error: can't open output file: No such file or directory
prince: Finished: failure
I upload this eBook in AZW3 format.

Moderator Notice
Removed copyrighted material posted in violation of MR posting Guidelines (link at bottom of all Forum screens) . This is your first and only warning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	031ac0c3639e48858788df39048cfc8c.png
Views:	478
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	152539   Click image for larger version

Name:	7dc67c1edaee4c3087834f3f1b56c49b.png
Views:	493
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	152540  

Last edited by theducks; 10-23-2016 at 09:02 AM. Reason: removed copyright matl
Old 10-24-2016, 05:14 AM   #70
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDron View Post
I have error message when want convert AZW3 file in PDF (2nd picture)
That could be a problem with escaping/quoting filenames, or some limit in the filesystem. Are you running on Windows?

As a workaround, try changing the title in calibre to something simple like just "Photoshop".
Old 11-02-2016, 03:11 PM   #71
iDron
Banned

Jellby, how receive pdf converted books without this watermark?
Old 11-02-2016, 08:50 PM   #72
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDron View Post
Jellby, how receive pdf converted books without this watermark?
Did you license the Prince software? I think that's their imprimatur, for unlicensed or demo copies, isn't it? (I'm not sure. I'm really asking, Jellby will know.)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:30 AM   #73
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Yes, that's what you get with the free trial version.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:44 PM   #74
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Yes, that's what you get with the free trial version.
Glad to know that I'm not totally senile, after all! :-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:45 AM   #75
Reggaedoggy
Reggaedoggy began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2, Kindle Fire, Androïd Samsung
Good morning or afternoon. Thanks for this great plugin, i begin to use. I would like to get some PDF ready to print and for that, I need to add parameters to the command line to specify for instance
--no-compress --pdf-profile="PDF/X4" (i do not know the exact syntax)
as it is described in princexml doc here https://www.princexml.com/doc/comman.../#command-line
Do you know how to do it ?
Thanks for your help
Reggaedoggy
Reggaedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote