Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-11-2012, 06:15 AM   #106
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
It would depend on what is broken. If you can get into the initramfs based recovery mode (keeping <Enter> pressed during boot-up, for a much longer time than is needed with Vol- and the USB downloader mode), the kernel is intact and you should flash a rootfs. It must be flashed to 0x003C1000 - and it will take a long time, so make sure the battery is charged (I think it will charge most reliable when being in the above mentioned recovery menu). You can find a 3g rootfs image in the downloads linked from the sticky recovery thread. It worked fine for a non-3g, wifi-only K3 for me.

If the kernel is not intact, you should flash that. Kernels go to 0x00041000, and you can get them by e.g. using yifanlu's or seanikos rescue kernels. I'm currently not aware of an image of a "pristine" Kernel.

I would need more information in how exactly it is "broken" in order to tell more.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:21 AM   #107
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
It would depend on what is broken. If you can get into the initramfs based recovery mode (keeping <Enter> pressed during boot-up, for a much longer time than is needed with Vol- and the USB downloader mode), the kernel is intact and you should flash a rootfs. It must be flashed to 0x003C1000 - and it will take a long time, so make sure the battery is charged (I think it will charge most reliable when being in the above mentioned recovery menu). You can find a 3g rootfs image in the downloads linked from the sticky recovery thread. It worked fine for a non-3g, wifi-only K3 for me.

If the kernel is not intact, you should flash that. Kernels go to 0x00041000, and you can get them by e.g. using yifanlu's or seanikos rescue kernels. I'm currently not aware of an image of a "pristine" Kernel.

I would need more information in how exactly it is "broken" in order to tell more.
The getkernels.sh script also works on a K3 to extract a "pristine" linux kernel (and also a junk diags kernel). We need to post one, just to be thorough.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #108
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by arooni View Post
Can you please describe what you did step by step, and what the symptoms of your Kindle were before you flashed?

It would greatly help other people in the thread. Thanks.

I edited my successful debrick post to include details. Enjoy
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #109
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Just debricked it -- again... (copying libraries from a debian chroot to run lynx natively doesnt work too well.) same process as before.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #110
SYRIUSDARK
SYRIUSDARK began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE 3 KEYBOARD
Thank you again ,i expect that i use the right form to flash my k3keyboard ,
i use that
main kernel 3.3:
well unzip and add .bin to (name).img.bin .
them check in ATK the program mmc/sd mode and add address 0x003c1000 them push DUMP buttom and wait 2 hour or more to finish

Last edited by SYRIUSDARK; 07-25-2012 at 10:16 AM.
SYRIUSDARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #111
SYRIUSDARK

At this moment i dont have the k3 in front of me i let doing it at home .When i arrive at home i explain all or try it ,and said that its working
Old 07-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #112
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nope. "Dump" is for dumping (and needs also a length). You need to "program" in order to write the image to the device. Post #9 has screenshots for writing a kernel, rootfs is similar (different file and different address, though).

And please, edit your post, remove the link. There is a reason why you can't find the links on this page. You can read all about it, take the time and do it. But first click "edit" and remove that link.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #113
SYRIUSDARK

sorry again its certain i push the butom program ,its that way that i use change the file and change the address
Old 07-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #114
hawhill
Wizard

If that last post contained a question, I couldn't identify it :-) Otherwise, it looks you should just try and "program" that 650MB image (which is described as being a "kernel" in the pastebin, but in fact it is _not_ a kernel but the root file system image). To the right address of course.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #115
SYRIUSDARK

At this morning when i search in this post im wrong and use the little img.at mediafire but dont work because the kindle stay at the tree image whit logo said wait to star ,but the ATK recognised it like at first and them read again and try whit the second img more large and use these instrucions that i try to explain it took to 2.5 hours aprox to finally charge.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #116
SYRIUSDARK

when i know what has happened iwill write it ,exactly.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #117
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Your posts are very difficult to read, would you please try:
Write (in a text editor) in your native language, and then run it through Google translate?

Sus mensajes son muy difíciles de leer, ¿podría intentar:
Escribir (en un editor de texto) en su idioma natal, y luego ejecutar a través de Google Translate?

Google Translate may not get it exactly correct, but it may be better than trying to write your post in English.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #118
SYRIUSDARK

Ok i will try again.
At first i have a k3 keyboard usa wifi,when i try to restore to origin its stop in the star page whit the tree and amazon logo ,center bar did not reach to the end.And then i use the search and discover this thread.
This morning i try to use ATK but i use one file that itsnt right but the ATK until know the k3 and use the right file and right address in the both time ,and wait for a long time to end ,becouse when i use the wrong .img kindle dont star it stay at the tree page that say wait to star .
Now im working ,then when arrives at home at 5 hours or 6 hours i will try to explain that i have a success.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #119
hawhill
Wizard

Yep, let's wait and see. Probably, that other image (I read from your posts - with difficulty - that you already gave a try with another, smaller image) *was* indeed a kernel. About 2-3 MB size: likely kernel. About 650MB size: likely root filesystem image.

When booting up, I think the kernel will flash the green power LED once. So if it flashes, the kernel is intact. If the loading bar appears, the root filesystem is in parts intact, if it never succeeds, the root filesystem might be corrupted.

So: the problem you had first is likely a corrupted root filesystem, partly intact.
When you flashed a kernel (or another image) to the root filesystem offset, that changed into an invalid root fs (not even partly intact), thus no progress bar would appear.

Go on and try flashing that large image, then report back :-) Remember that this will likely need a battery that is charged enough to last for ~2 hours. For me, flashing the root filesystem was very energy efficient, I think it might have taken about 10% maximum from the battery (if at all, I might have been wasting them on other things).
Old 07-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #120
SYRIUSDARK

whit the first img the led turn on grenn but the screen dont show any change