Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 09:09 AM   #211
paramaniek
paramaniek began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura h2o
Could you send h2o sd image to me?
Thanks
Old 02-23-2018, 06:52 PM   #212
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Advert
Old 03-02-2018, 02:25 PM   #213
batou33
batou33 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Hello, I need H2O SD image please.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:34 PM   #214
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:37 PM   #215
Creyden
Creyden began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura H2O mk1
Hello, my Kobo H2O (v1) is actually bugging. When I try to start its, the screen flashed (black white black white). I tried a reset but the screen flash too.

Btw I opened it to see if it was a battery issues, but everything is ok here. I will try to formate the SD Card (it is ok actually, the SD card works) and I need the H2O SD image to make the test.

Thank you!
Advert
Old 03-11-2018, 07:27 PM   #216
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:23 PM   #217
Teddzz
Teddzz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Reset not resetting

My Aura H20 will let me do a factory reset and will also let me do a double finger tap manual reset. It tells me it's restoring and goes through the correct procedure and the squares, but it doesn't actually change anything - the same books showing on the home page with "x %age" read etc everytime I do it.

I really don't want to open this one up and reinstall the image (I have it already) onto the SD card but does it look like I've no other choice?
Old 03-30-2018, 11:17 PM   #218
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddzz View Post
My Aura H20 will let me do a factory reset and will also let me do a double finger tap manual reset. It tells me it's restoring and goes through the correct procedure and the squares,
By "correct procedure" you mean it shows the message for resetting the device and the installing the firmware finishing with a restarting message. Then it reboots and shows the dancing squares?
Quote:
but it doesn't actually change anything - the same books showing on the home page with "x %age" read etc everytime I do it.
That is very unusual. I'm sure someone has reported this in the past, but I don't remember the circumstances or fix. What firmware does the device show when this is finished? Is it the same as before you started? Have you tried updating the firmware?
Quote:
I really don't want to open this one up and reinstall the image (I have it already) onto the SD card but does it look like I've no other choice?
Why were you doing the factory reset? If the database is corrupt, then you can try signing out of the Kobo account. This will reset the internal database and reload the books.

But, if the factory reset is failing, it makes me think the internal SD card is failing. The factory reset should be rewriting the uboot partition and kernal as well as formatting the root and book partitions. If that isn't happening, long term, I wouldn't be trusting the card. But, I mightn't hurry to open the device if everything else was working.

And I have sent a PM with the link in case you decide to use it.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:39 AM   #219
cadix
cadix began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO
Hello
I totally bricked my H20 edition 1, could you send me an SD image pls.

Thank u very much
Old 04-14-2018, 08:53 AM   #220
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:17 PM   #221
EekNL
EekNL began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Somehow my girlfriend got her Kobo Auro H2O stuck where the device seems to turn on/off without anything showing on the screen. Tried all kinds of combinations to get it to reset, but without much succes.

I opened the device looking for a connector that might be loose or something and found an SD card. Thinking it might be a good idea as last resort re-flashing the SD card i started looking for an image and found this forum.

Could somebody be so kind to supply me with an image or a link to one?

* Seems alot of people are having similar problems with their Kobo devices, if this doesn't work and i need to get a new one, any good suggestion thats not a Kindle?

Regards,

Eek
Old 04-15-2018, 07:29 PM   #222
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:32 AM   #223
tunespoon
tunespoon began at the beginning.

Device: kobo h2o
Cool SD Image again

Hey there,

I came a cimilar way, bricked my aura h2o 1 - tried to factory reset over several weeks, experienced all the different stages off buttons flashing slow-low-bright-not-at all and various stages between bricked and working, freezes while trying updateing etc.. bottom line is I gave it a shot, installed a new battery and sd card, but I only have the image from when the device was bricked during an update process half way through, and it seems not to be working yet - so

can someone send me a clean factory image?

thanks in advance!
Old 04-28-2018, 10:24 AM   #224
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:04 PM   #225
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
Likewise... my H2O periodically stops responding but will turn off, this time it won't turn back on. I've done the factory reset procedure and now the white power LED has been flashing for more than 36 hours with the screen still showing "powered off" with a bit of corruption. I guess that means the reset isn't working.

Can you send me an image link please?

Also, are there instructions for using the image somewhere? I can't see them, and I'm mildly frustrated at my own blindness...

Last edited by moz; 05-07-2018 at 08:12 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
flash, h2o, image, sdcard, sdcard-image