Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-10-2009, 07:35 AM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Anyone with a KDX and into Photography want to test this book?

http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photosho...9903844&sr=1-1

We only have a K1 but it would be interesting to know opinions of the book from someone who is into photograph and also uses LR2...

Thanks...still deciding on a large format reader and this is the first KDX version of a book I am interested in as a reference manual.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I've had a look at it, and I wouldn't want to read it on anything smaller than the KDX. The reason it's optimized for the Kdx is that it has a number of screen shots of various LR2 menus. They're much too wide for a 6" screen.

I'm not into photography, but it looks like a pretty good book.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #3
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
The sample is mostly text which would read easily on either a 6 or 9 inch screen. Once the book gets further along to sample's of computer screens and commands, my guess is that such images would not be easy to read on a smaller screen.

Last edited by advocate2; 08-10-2009 at 06:04 PM.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:08 AM   #4
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I've had a look at it, and I wouldn't want to read it on anything smaller than the KDX. The reason it's optimized for the Kdx is that it has a number of screen shots of various LR2 menus. They're much too wide for a 6" screen.

I'm not into photography, but it looks like a pretty good book.
Thanks Nate...That was what I was wondering the most...the optimized for the KDX part...

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
The sample is mostly text which would read easily on either a 6 or 9 inch screen. Once the book gets further along to sample's of computer screens and commands, my guess is that such images would not be easy to read on a smaller screen.
I appreciate the feedback here too...yeah, the text part is no big deal either way, but the rest is an issue. In fact I was wondering if the 9.7" display is actually larger enough to allow the images to remain in context with the text being read.

it's an evolutionary process though...thanks a bunch..
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote