Old 08-16-2017, 09:06 AM   #31
Psmith0182
Enthusiast
Psmith0182 began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Yes. I received both copies you sent.

The logs show that the Dropbox is reporting that the files are not there. For privacy reasons I I will send you the detail by email.
Dunno if you got this.. Recent files show the books
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2017-08-16-08-52-32.png
Views:	163
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	158493  
Psmith0182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:11 AM   #32
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmith0182 View Post
Dunno if you got this.. Recent files show the books
Try downloading one of those books. However ...

Something is strange. Your screen capture shows the name of your library to be "books". The debug log tells me that CC sees the library name "Books". The folder names should be the same. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2017, 09:31 AM   #33
Psmith0182
Enthusiast

Yes, it's the same
Old 08-16-2017, 11:56 AM   #34
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You said in an email that you are giving up. I can understand that.

If you want a refund for CC, please see of FAQ I must pay for CC to try it. Can I get a refund if I don't like it?
Old 08-16-2017, 08:37 PM   #35
Psmith0182
Enthusiast

well what else is there I can do lol....I don't even know if it's possible to do all this, if there is no way to check the progress on syncing
Advert
Old 08-17-2017, 02:13 AM   #36
Psmith0182
Enthusiast

Quote:
You said in an email that you are giving up. I can understand that.

If you want a refund for CC, please see of FAQ I must pay for CC to try it. Can I get a refund if I don't like it?
This is wierd, though... Appears as though u can download some files but not others, though when trying to download the one the that option, I get an error. Also tried to copy the files in one of the hooks into the books folder rather than the folder containing it and it won't show up with extra books in the library. Wish I could have someone se what I'm seeing so I could get step by step instructions without there being guests on what may be going on. It took me forever to even get cc to recognize that the files were even there. Maybe a file is in the wrong place?
Old 08-17-2017, 02:15 AM   #37
Psmith0182
Enthusiast

Quote:
well what else is there I can do lol....I don't even know if it's possible to do all this, if there is no way to check the progress on syncing
Oops here
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture+_2017-08-17-02-07-30.png
Views:	151
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	158507   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2017-08-17-02-07-44.png
Views:	159
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	158508   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2017-08-17-02-08-04.png
Views:	154
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	158509  
Old 08-17-2017, 03:49 AM   #38
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

That means two things are true.
  • CC is able to fetch books from your Dropbox if they are there.
  • Some books are not synced to Dropbox.
I suspect that your Dropbox is out of space, meaning that not all of your files are being synced. You can check this using the following steps.
  1. Using your favorite web browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, whatever), connect to https://www.dropbox.com/login. Log in to Dropbox
  2. You should now see something like the following.

Name:	Clipboard05.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	158510
  3. Click the smiley face in the upper right. You should now see something like this.

Name:	Clipboard06.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	158511
  4. Check to be sure that you have space available (XX of YY used) XX should be less than YY, ideally by at least a 2 or 3 megabytes.
You can also check the specific book that failed to download. The steps:
  1. While still connected to Dropbox using the web browser, navigate to your library. I think it is /Books.
  2. Look for the folder "Cerulean Sins". I might have the spelling slightly wrong. If you don't find that folder then the book is not synced to dropbox.
  3. If you do find that folder, navigate into it.
  4. Look for the folder "Hamilton, Laurell K. - Anita Blake 11 (XXXX)" where XXXX is a number that I don't know. Again, I might have the spelling wrong. If that folder is not there then the book has not synced. If it is there then nativate into it.
  5. You should now see the files "cover.jpg", "metadata.opf", and "Hamilton, Laurell K. - Anita Blake 11 - Cerulean Sins.mobi". If any of these files are missing then the book is not completely synced. If the .mobi is missing then the download will fail.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:52 AM   #39
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Wish I could have someone se what I'm seeing so I could get step by step instructions without there being guests on what may be going on. It took me forever to even get cc to recognize that the files were even there. Maybe a file is in the wrong place?
The only way to let "someone" (probably me) see what you are seeing is for that "someone" to have access to your dropbox. In other words, you would need to give that "someone" (me) your dropbox user name and password. I don't recommend this because I would have complete access to whatever you have in Dropbox.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:31 AM   #40
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Sorry to intrude... It's my understanding that you're syncronizing to dropbox exactly the same library you define in calibre, with folders as they are, so every folder contains only opf, jpg and mobi/lit/epub file for a book.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:38 AM   #41
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Sorry to intrude... It's my understanding that you're syncronizing to dropbox exactly the same library you define in calibre, with folders as they are, so every folder contains only opf, jpg and mobi/lit/epub file for a book.
Thanks for "intruding". It is always helpful to have another eye looking at a problem.

It is also my understanding that the OP is syncing a complete calibre library. I don't think that it is the "real" library but is instead a copy/paste of that library.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:08 AM   #42
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Go to your dropbox account via dropbox.com and look in the folder to see if the book exists.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:12 AM   #43
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Thanks for "intruding". It is always helpful to have another eye looking at a problem.

It is also my understanding that the OP is syncing a complete calibre library. I don't think that it is the "real" library but is instead a copy/paste of that library.
The problem is that, looking at the thumbnails, I don't feel it as a calibre structure but an user structure.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:36 AM   #44
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
The problem is that, looking at the thumbnails, I don't feel it as a calibre structure but an user structure.
If I'm not mistaken the only thing CC will show for structure is what the metadata.db file has in it since CC is simply reading the metadata.db file for the info.

Update: I see what you mean. When he shows the directory from the Dropbox App that is definitely not calibre's library structure. Looking at his actual CC images it is clear that the files with the names he is showing us is NOT in a calibre library.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-17-2017 at 08:46 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:45 AM   #45
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I get confused as well. Some of the attachments are clearly CC screens showing a library. They show the "Disconnect" menu item, which coupled with the OP's post #37 shows that the OP has attached CC to Dropbox and CC found a calibre database "metadata.db". Others are something else, perhaps folders that aren't in a CC library, for example the first image attached to post 16.

This confusion is why I suggested that the OP go to Dropbox.com and see what is really in the library. As I said earlier, I don't think that the library is totally synced. Why not I cannot say, but I suspect Dropbox space problems.

Also, DoctorOhh is correct. Most of what CC's cloud connection shows comes out of metadata.db. The two exceptions are cover thumbs and the books themselves, exactly the things that the OP is having trouble with.