Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-05-2014, 08:19 AM   #1
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Doc Vandal is BACK, and he's bigger than ever!

I have just released an expanded version of Against the Eldest Flame, the first Doc Vandal adventure with a lot of cover and blurb help from our very own Mobileread forum members. More adventures are soon to follow with two sequels already released. Against the Eldest Flame is now only $0.99 for the ebook edition.

Quote:
When Nazi gorillas try to crash a Zeppelin full of zombies into Doc Vandal’s 87th floor home, he knows he’s got trouble.

Doc and his team have to track their attackers to a lost city half way across the world to find the secret behind the aerial attack. It's not just a physical battle Doc has to win, it's a contest for his very soul.

On one side:
An enemy older than time;
Nazi aerial battleships;
Man-eating dinosaurs.

On the other:
Doc Vandal, a man raised by artificial intelligences, and the world’s foremost scientific adventurer;
Gus, a gorilla with a fistful of doctorates, and secrets bigger than he is;
Vic, an expatriate Russian countess and daredevil pilot with a predilection for playing solitaire with razor-edged cards.

Can Doc and friends save the world from the tyranny of the Eldest Flame? Can Vic kill a Tyrannosaur with a short sword?

Find out in the first Doc Vandal adventure: Against the Eldest Flame!

This revised and expanded edition contains approximately 20% more content than the original release. Like all Doc Vandal adventures, it's a complete story in one volume.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AGOTFinalCover300.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	156295  

Last edited by Lemurion; 09-07-2017 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Revised Edition launched; price dropped.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:36 PM   #2
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Edition released - see first post.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:11 AM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Looks good.

Oh and I just spent more on your book than I will usually pay for a hardback book.

Note this book is $2.99.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 04-22-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:23 AM   #4
Lemurion
eReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Looks good.

Oh and I just spent more on your book than I will usually pay for a hardback book.

Note this book is $2.99.
Thank you - I can at least guarantee that it's legibly formatted and the level of English prose reflects at least basic competence on my part.

I hope you enjoy the book.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:29 AM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Thank you - I can at least guarantee that it's legibly formatted and the level of English prose reflects at least basic competence on my part.

I hope you enjoy the book.
I'm sure I will.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:28 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Where have I seen this cover before? Hmmmmm........[Bodda-Bing!]

Now acquired through Kindle Unlimited.

Thank you.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:54 PM   #7
Lemurion
eReader

Thank you. I'm just the writer. Readers are the ones who matter.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:59 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Thank you. I'm just the writer. Readers are the ones who matter.
Yes, but without any writers, there wouldn't be any readers.

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:01 PM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Yes, but without any writers, there wouldn't be any readers.

Agree.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:19 PM   #10
Lemurion
eReader

Thank you, though I try to put the reader first. The story lives in your minds.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:22 PM   #11
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Thank you, though I try to put the reader first. The story lives in your minds.
It was in your mind first lol.
Oh and I think reader/writer relationship is symbiotic. You can't have one without the other.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:29 PM   #12
Lemurion
eReader

Fair enough
Old 04-25-2017, 10:02 PM   #13
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

This book is very professional looking.
Excellent work . Kudos to the author.

I lost the bet with myself. I figured you had spent $$$ on an editor.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:40 AM   #14
Lemurion
eReader

Thanks, but I really can't afford one. I also worked pretty much full time as a freelance editor for a couple of years, so I do have a background in it.

I spent my budget on the cover and branding because I know my limits.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:26 AM   #15
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Thanks, but I really can't afford one. I also worked pretty much full time as a freelance editor for a couple of years, so I do have a background in it.

I spent my budget on the cover and branding because I know my limits.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.
And your former job is why it does look so good.