Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-23-2014, 07:09 AM   #1
nomistakes
nomistakes began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy note 8
Dropbox for Android 2.4.3.4 doesn't sync back annotation on pdf

With the update occurred on August 2014 (that introduced the preview feature and an enhanced search engine) it has become impossible to send back to Dropbox the annotations and all changes made over starred pdf.

For all user like me that rely on Dropbox to access tonnes of pdf this is a nightmare.

Each time a starred pdf is edited with any reader (Ezpdf Reader, Adobe, Repligo) then a new duplicate file is created on local folder, creating a lot of confusion.

Many users have already reported this problem over the Dropbox blog (as it possible to see in the attached photos).

That sounds very strange to me. It seems that they haven't even tested the uptdate, or, worst, they underestimated the importance of keeping pdf syncronized, stressin their focus on the (very useless) preview feature and the new search engine (the second hypotesis really scares me, since it would mean that Dropbox is not perfectly aware about the priorities on cloud service)

The oddities are not finished yet; the team guaranteed to all the reportes that they would have fixed the issue soon but they haven't done it yet and, furthermore, they closed the discussion under the related post ( https://blog.dropbox.com/2014/08/dro...marter-search/ )

Furthermore; I have been replied from the Dropbox team after having reported the same problem, directly from the Playstore.

First they linked an alleged 2.4.3.10 app release but it hasen't worked on me.

After having informed them they suggested me to re-install the same linked apk after having unistalled the current version.

Following their instructions, I just manged to unistall the Dropbox updates, with the result that an old edition of Db now works on my tablet (without the issued above described) but (here's another oddities) I'm not able to uninstall it anymore.

I informed them about this further problem but I haven't received any reply yet.

I hope that Dropbox will solve this problem soon but, even in that case, I will remain with a lot of doubts since is very bad that such a big cloud company service doesn't realize the bad conseguences certain changes brought on their app.

That sounds very strange to me. Is not possible that such a big cloud company like this released an updat without even having tested it.

The oddities are not finished yet; the team guaranteed to all the reportes that they would have fixed the issue soon but they haven't done it yet and, furthermore, they closed the discussion under the related post ( https://blog.dropbox.com/2014/08/dro...marter-search/ )

Furthermore I have been replied from the Dropbox team after having reported the same problem, directly from the Playstore.

First they linked an allegeg 2.4.3.10 app release but it hasen't worked on me.

After having informed them they suggested me to re-install the same linked apk after having unistalled the current version.

Following their instructions, I just manged to unistall the Dropbox updates, with the result that an old edition of Db now works on my tablet (without the issued above described) but (here's another oddities) I'm not able to uninstall it anymore.

I informed them about this further problem but I haven't received any reply yet.

I hope that Dropbox will solve this problem soon but, even in that case, I will remain with a lot of doubts since is very bad that such a big cloud company service doesn't realize the bad conseguences certain changes brought on their app.

I mean, if you stop the automatic sync on a cloud storage service, you kill the service itself
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	report 1.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	127190   Click image for larger version

Name:	report Db 2.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	303.0 KB
ID:	127191  
nomistakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:03 PM   #2
nomistakes
nomistakes began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy note 8
Solved with the last release from Dropbox team development that assisted me by email
nomistakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
annotations, dropbox, pdf