Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 08:30 PM   #706
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.

And a PM, visitor message and post all in less than 20 minutes is a bit much. You need to give it some time for people to see the request and respond. And posting in one of these threads is my preferred method.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:19 PM   #707
SimonNZ
SimonNZ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Back again David, thanks for helping last time. This time it's my father-in-law's N613.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:57 PM   #708
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:37 PM   #709
FCCE123
FCCE123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N627 wifi
Hello,
I also happened to brick my kobo N647 wifi while updating, and was wondering if anyone could send me the SD image.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:48 PM   #710
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-02-2017, 07:00 AM   #711
marios
marios began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi
Hello davidfor, my kobo wifi is bricked because of the update and I am trying to fix it. Could you please send me the SD image? Thank you
Old 09-02-2017, 08:54 AM   #712
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marios View Post
Hello davidfor, my kobo wifi is bricked because of the update and I am trying to fix it. Could you please send me the SD image? Thank you
Which Kobo WiFi do you have, N647, N647B, or 289? Once we know that we can send you the correct file so you can write the image file onto the internal SD card.
Old 09-03-2017, 04:46 PM   #713
valencia.sebas
valencia.sebas began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi N647
Hi all.

A friend of mine had a Kobo WiFi N647 shelved and gathering dust so I started the task to bring it back to life. It turns on well but there is always a "No books found" message.

I'm new to this Kobo world and just realized how much people used to tinker with these devices before, so I'm pretty sure you guys can help me.

It had been formatted in FAT32 so my first question is: 1) Should I format the Kobo some other way for starters? Or is FAT32 just fine...

Then I believe I have to re-create the DB and copy the factory SD Image, which I do not have. Also the firmware should be version 1.8 and I am missing those files as well, so it would be great if you can help me find out where to download a fresh DB, the SD Image and the firmware.

So my next question is 2) Do you think that should be it or am I missing some obvious steps because I'm so late to the party?

If you think I should take some othe route, I'm open to exploring options.

Thank you all.

Last edited by valencia.sebas; 09-03-2017 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:47 PM   #714
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The starting point for getting the device running should be to do a factory reset. I don't have a WiFi, so I don't know if there is an option in the settings to do this. For the newer devices it is on the Device information page of the settings. If it isn't there, then you can do the factory reset using the button, but I never remember how that is done. A search here should find it.

Hopefully, after the factory reset it will work. The user partition will be formatted correctly (FAT32) and the database will get created during the user setup.

But, the no books problem is probably caused by a problem in the last firmware. Something happens so that it doesn't recognise any books and the only fix people have found is to restore an image of the internal SD card. I have sent a PM with the image. If the factory reset doesn't work, try it.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:50 PM   #715
Dennis97814
Dennis97814 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n647
Hello All, I just received a used N647 Kobo Wifi. First thing I tried to do is back up the internal SD card. It keeps getting i/o errors. Books are not recognized, Kobo Desktop does not recognize it. Also tried Calibre. Need SD card image. I have tried a factory reset and it does not fix it. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:44 PM   #716
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:42 AM   #717
Dennis97814
Dennis97814 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n647
Thank You Davidfor That fixed it. I installed a new 16gig internal. I will probably install koreader in case the book database gets corrupted again.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:20 PM   #718
FANATICXBOX
FANATICXBOX began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Original N647
Hi amigos,

I know this might be a long shot since the wifi is an older model now, but I was wondering if anyone could send me an image file of a working kobo wifi SD card.

I updated the reader over wifi and it crashed and now wont boot. I have it opened and got the card. Im also familiar with making and loading images but I can't find a working one anywhere online.

Thanks for the help.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:27 PM   #719
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent in response to a PM.

And everyone, please post the image requests in the appropriate thread and have some patience. If I don't respond immediately, it's because I'm not here and I wouldn't be responding to a PM either.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:56 PM   #720
FANATICXBOX
FANATICXBOX began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Original N647
thank you for your prompt reply davidfor, dare news when I revive my kobo, thank you.
Closed Thread

Tags
image, kobo, kobo wifi, sd card, wifi